RIP Joe Camacho

Seen a few of Joes fights. Sad to hear :( Phone Post 3.0

Is that the guy from Iron Ring and the dude that fought in the east coast a lot (i.e. World Fighting Alliance)?

Kostakio - Is that the guy from Iron Ring and the dude that fought in the east coast a lot (i.e. World Fighting Alliance)?
No thats joey camacho a renzo student. Joe camacho fought in KOTC alot and elitexc and most recently bellator Phone Post 3.0

Damn it. That's too many. Rip brother Phone Post 3.0

Sad as fuck.

Joe is an example of a soldier who's been in the trenches of MMA for years but didn't really get to enjoy any mainstream exposure, i.e. the type of dude who fights because he loves MMA rather than for notoriety, money or glory.

He was also a long, longtime UG'er and contributed a lot to this place, and to MMA overall as well.

RIP Joe Camacho.

Damn, RIP. What is that, 3 young guys that have died from heart attacks recently?(Tompkins, Del Rosario and now Camacho). It's probably less than the general population's heart attack stats but just seems odd for such a healthy group of guys.

Rip, seen many his fights in person,. Great dude. Phone Post 3.0

Terrible. Watched him fight many times in KOTC ets

Damn what's with all the heart attacks? I wonder if it matters to be in shape anymore...

RIP Phone Post 3.0

Wtf! No no! Phone Post 3.0

Rip Phone Post 3.0

Dallas Winston - Sad as fuck.

Joe is an example of a soldier who's been in the trenches of MMA for years but didn't really get to enjoy any mainstream exposure, i.e. the type of dude who fights because he loves MMA rather than for notoriety, money or glory.

He was also a long, longtime UG'er and contributed a lot to this place, and to MMA overall as well.

RIP Joe Camacho.

very true words here. RIP

RIP

hmeboy - 
Dallas Winston - Sad as fuck.

RIP Joe Camacho.

very true words here. RIP

There's only a handful of guys like this...Toby Imada is another.

Sympathies to his family.

Sprawl'n'Stall - Damn what's with all the heart attacks? I wonder if it matters to be in shape anymore...
Definitely not making accusations bc I don't know, but having been in the industry eight years, turned professional, and am a recovering heroin addict, and seen
many friends die, can't help but wonder if partying is partly to blame Phone Post 3.0

WOW.. RIP man.

Condolences to friends and family, this has been a rough 4 weeks for MMA.

A week after we lose Shane, this happens.

I can't begin to describe how sad this makes me. Joe was one of the first fighters that I had the chance to interview when I was just starting out years ago. We kept up for years after that via email, and I regularly followed his updates on Facebook.

I once did a super long Q&A with him back in 2007 about his career up to that point. Took a couple of hours via phone and text, but it was a blast and an honor.

RIP my friend.

Joe was such an important part of the SoCal Bjj/mma scene for so long. Really shocked and saddened to hear the news Phone Post 3.0