Risk of sounding like a white knight- R Rousey

Her father killing himself does not justify her being a douche. My mother killed herself and i couldnt behave like that, even for a reality show. Phone Post

You make a good point, op. It doesn't excuse everything, but those who haven't spent their life in her shoes can't imagine the life experiences that have shaped her. Personally, I think she has a terrible personality, and I don't like her, but losing a father like that during the formative years would have a profound affect on anybody. Couple that with the possibility that she may have had a domineering, hard to please, cold mother, along with much of her adolescence being spent in a highly competitive, cutt-throat environment, and what you get is Ronda Rousey. 

Everybody has their own set of life experiences that shapes who they are. Just having a parent who killed themselves in common does not place you in the same shoes as somebody. The kind of support one gets from loved ones  and type of environment they live in thereafter can make a big difference .

Qannebiss - 

On the one hand, I don't think the excuse flies. A lot of people have had hard lives and didn't grow up to be head cases. On the other hand, who cares? Does anyone talk about fights anymore, or is this now the MMA Soap Opera Forum? There's a major UFC event today, isn't there? Phone Post

This.

I would like to add that plenty of people grew up with absolutely everything going for them and also turned out to be assholes.

Assholes happen. If they aren't doing anything other than acting in a way that you don't like, who the fuck cares? The way Rousey has effected my life is by giving me exciting fights, and making my nieces want to try martial arts. How she acts in interviews or on a reality show means nothing to me.

kevsh -
JudoknowNothing - People act like Ronda kills puppies and kidnaps children. They are judging her from 3 episodes on a tv show that only showed her for a total of maybe 15 mins.
People are fickle, I'm sure they will change their minds in a few months.
A year ago a lot of people were shitting on Miesha Phone Post 3.0

Think you're exaggerating just a tad there.

Ronda has given detractors plenty to work with over the past couple of years. What we're seeing from her on TuF so far just validates what we've been saying all along.
Yes I was exaggerating a tad. People fail to see the whole picture. It takes someone as tough as Ronda to break through all the barriers of doubt and hate. People forget how hard it is for Female fighters to be treated equally. The road to get to this point was very difficult. Imagine trying to gain attention in a male dominated sport against the VP who stated women will never be in the UFC . 2 years ago this forum treated the idea of women in MMA like trash. Someone like Ronda was needed. It wasnt pretty but she got the job done. Phone Post 3.0