RJJ KO'd by Traver! DAMN!

That left hand came out 'a nowhere!

RJJ's second loss ever.

Only his second knockdown ever.

His 25th title defense.

Including amature fights, he's nearly 200-5.

He's had one hell of a career. If this is it, he's done more then any of us ever will.

this is his first real loss I dont consider that first one a "loss" yeah he DQd himself but he didnt lose a fight, this time he lost a fight.

Yeah, this was his first loss with no excuses, what if's or stimpulations. What a clean KO!

Tarver has wanted this answer for a long time.

Well, RJJ is still the man.

Everyone knows Ali, much more then people know the guys that beat him. Even Frazier.

Hughes, not Hallman.

Saku, not Elvis.

Hoost not Sapp.

Tyson not Douglas.

RJJ NOT TARVER.

Takin' nothin' away from Tarver, but he'll have ta have one HELL of a career over the next 2-3 years to reach RJJ status.

RJJ should rematch him

I called this from the get-go.

Non-believer bow down, Tarver is the real deal at 175.

I don't know about the "real deal". I think that one punch will probably be the highlight of Traver's career, but what a highlight it was!

Tarver is a real deal. But he will never achieve Roy's status and I dont think anyone ever will or at least not for a long time. Roy was simply dominating him like he does everyone, but Tarver's first power punch that landed, landed huge. That's all!!! Tarver always have a puncher's chance against Roy and he did last night.

I agree this was his first real loss, no excuses, very surprising.

Like when crocop got KO'd.

Good analogy.

this fight was like the randleman-crocop of boxing

Finaly A subject dear to my heart.See
I am originaly a boxing fan.I have been a roy jones jr watcher for all his years in boxing.Alot of people made the coment about this being his second lose and that this might be it because of it.lets look at that first in his first lose he got dq for hiting his op while op was going down and there are a lot of people that thought it was a bullshit dq (hand in the air).And his second lose was from a hit from hell I mean come on did you see that hit?You get hit like that and get up!THis is not a crushing blow th jones everyone knows that therer is always a punchers chance it boxing.
This is in no way trying to take anything away from traver who i feel beat jones not once but twice.See alot of people are forgetting that this is the 2 fight these two have had and in the first fight traver got robed by the judges.THe first fight should have gone to traver so you realy cant say that he got lucky realy he just beat the guy twice.

Am I the only one who thinks that Roy Jones has always been over rated? I agree he's a fantastic boxer. However, I don't think he's ever fought the cream of the crop and I think his divisions have always been low on talent. This is not something I am saying just because he lost. I've felt this way for a long time.
Kinda like an undefeated fighter in KOTC saying he's better than anyone in UFC or Pride.
Or, maybe more accurately, Rickson gracie being considered the best without fighting the top fighters.

"first fight traver got robed by the judges"

I still don't agree here...I didn't watch the night of, but it was taped for me...I heard all this talk about Tarver getting robbed and him just manhandling RJJ...so I went in watching the replay of this fight with that mindset...the entire time I kept waiting for it...when it was over I was like...Uhmmmm, that's it?

So I watched it again...and again...and again...and it still never came...I was almost disappointed, not because I don't like RJJ, but because I was so set to see some miraculous beatdown...never happened.

"Am I the only one who thinks that Roy Jones has always been over rated?"

Yup.

"However, I don't think he's ever fought the cream of the crop and I think his divisions have always been low on talent."

You can only fight who's around.

"Kinda like an undefeated fighter in KOTC saying he's better than anyone in UFC or Pride. Or, maybe more accurately, Rickson gracie being considered the best without fighting the top fighters."

Ya. The best boxer of the modern era, who beat everyone around through three weight classes, and got caught with one punch is analogise to either an unproven fighter or a martial arts myth. Right.