Rodolfo Vieira

Nice win for him, but whats up with this guy? He hardly fights, seems to still have a shit gas tank and he’s almost 35. I wish he just stuck with BJJ

Does he have a red nose?

Killer grappler. Had high hopes he would be the next Jacare. But yeah, bad gas tank, functional but mediocre standup.

He has improved his takedowns at least. That loss to Chris Curtis was incredibly painful to watch. Sloppy wrestling, stuffed left and right.

1 Like

I don’t think this is the case for Rodolfo, but maybe? A lot of BJJ guys have dreams of being “professional BJJ athletes” and dedicate all their time and energy to that. They don’t have the best education, don’t learn how to teach properly or run an academy and have no savings. Next thing they know they are 30. MMA is a good way to parlay their name into making a few bucks and then moving on to the next chapter in life.

Gordon is literally the only one who has made any real money grappling. The rest are fooling themselves.

1 Like

Craig Jones? Mendes Bros? Rener? Keenan? MG? Also depends what you mean by real money? If you’re from the favelas and can live in the US making 6 figures teaching nerds how to strangle themselves in thick bath robes, id say you’re winning.

A majority of that income is from selling instructionals and Bernardo gets a fat chunk of that. Faria is the guy really making the money in bjj and he hasn’t competed in like a decade and never even bothered to try competing no gi lol.

3 Likes

How did Rener make any money grappling? Re-read my post.

You’re talking about running an academy, doing seminars, selling instructionals. I’m talking about competing.

2 Likes

Oh Gotcha. Sorry…So Rodolfo could open a gym on name value alone and be fine

1 Like

Assuming he has the money, knows how to run classes and take care of the office.

3 Likes

I don’t really think you need all of that. I think you can make the money based off your name alone surround yourself with some decent instructors and you are all set. It’s like Marcelo, great guy and all but terrible instructor. Paul is really the mastermind behind that gym

I found Marcelo to be a very good instructor

1 Like

He’s good at showing his stuff.

That is true.

I trained with him ~10 years ago and I still use much of his stuff.

If something doesn’t work for him he doesn’t show it.

Depending how you look at it that can be a good or bad thing.

I didn’t. He was very vague until it became “his” game.

james franco wtf GIF

2 Likes

Yup. I wasn’t a fan at all. Paul on the other hand is incredible