Rodolpho Viera Stats

Check out the continuation of our series on breaking down top BJJ competitors.

This week, per everyone's requests, we present to you Rodolpho Viera.

http://bishopbjj.com/2012/08/22/its-science-rodolpho-viera/

What do you think? We will probably only do 2-3 more of these, who should those final spots go to?

We are considering Kron, Roger, Buchecha...??? 

the deflection pass stat is very interesting... And as usual, the best fighters score first almost constantly. I'm assuming that is the Marcelo 'Impose your will' concept. Always putting them on the back foot from the off and hopefully keeping it for the duration.

Yes, you 100% correct. The actual benefit of scoring first is hard to say for sure, but we see time and time again the person who scores first wins the majority of matches.

Budovideos discussed this concept in relation to last weeks study during last weeks episode of "This Week In BJJ". They talk about the concept at around 18:45 of the episode if anyone wants to check it out.

Tyler,

great stats! Got a question on deflection passing, is that the concept or the actual X-pass?

Thx in advance!!!

an x-pass is a type of "deflection pass". a deflection pass basically means redirecting your opponent and quickly going around the legs. The x-pass is probably the best example of this, but you will often see passes similar that you could not quite define as a pure x-pass", so I label these deflection (general).

Next week we are trying to decide between...

Kron
Roger
Buchecha
Leo Viera
or Gui Mendes

who would you guys like to see?

Roger or Buchecha

Tyler Bishop - Next week we are trying to decide between...

Kron
Roger
Buchecha
Leo Viera
or Gui Mendes

who would you guys like to see?

Kron

Kron then Roger Phone Post

I'd like to see stats on classic guys like Royler, Margarida, or Roleta or really anyone and see just how much the game has changed in terms of what passes work now and what submissions.

Buchecha. He is my grappler.

Rodolfo Vieira*** Phone Post

Kron and Roger Phone Post

Terere Phone Post

"I'm a real boy" that's a great idea. The hard part is finding enough singular footage of those guys to do it the right way.

We'd love to do it with Royler, but there isn't enough quality footage of him our there, same for Margarida and Roleta.

The only "old school" guy there seems to be enough footage of is Saulo. Although i could probably dig enough rough-cut Rickson footage to do something as well.

What do you guys think about this???

buchecha

Kron then roger Phone Post

GUI mendes Phone Post

Mendes!