Rodriguez:"My guess is Werdum will fight Fedor"

EXCLUSIVE:  Rodriguez: “My guess is Fabricio Werdum will face Fedor

mmabay.co.uk/ricco%20on%20fedor.html

MMABay spoke EXCLUSIVELY to former UFC heavyweight champion, Ricco Rodriguez tonight about his rumoured showdown with recently signed Strikeforce star Fedor Emelianenko and the San Jose native revealed it’s looking less likely this week.

When asked whether Strikeforce had been in touch since the weekend, Rodriguez said:

“I’ve not heard a thing since the event on Saturday. We’ve talked to them about facing Fedor and our offer stands but after what happened at the weekend, my guess it will be Fabricio Werdum.”

Werdum impressively despatched Mike Kyle this past weekend in a little over a minute and the win seems to have catapulted him into pole position to face the Russian. With Alistair Overeem and Brett Rogers seemingly destined to square off towards the end of the year, few would be on this being the way it plays out.

By Michael Pepper.

I'd like to see Werdum get 1 more win while Fedor fights Overeem for the title. 

Werdum vs. Yvel would be nice.

Alistair is sellable, particularly internationally, as a challenger to Fedor.  He's huge, he will dwarf Fedor physically, he has K-1 experience, he has the hot girlfriend he always parades around.  With the right media push, this could be awesome.

This will be the easiest fight to pick ever. Werdum's chin is mad suspect, he almost got KO'd by a 205 lber last weekend. Top lock-Fedor-KO-1
Put Fedor against Overeem. Only reason I don't think that will happen is M-1 having the ability to hand select opponents.

I never thought Fedor in Affliction was a bad thing. The entire org set up around him and doing big name main events seemed worthy of him.

He hasn't fought anyone in Strikeforce yet, and already there doesn't seem to be any real match up.

What about Barnett?
Can he reapply for a license ?

KPEAZY - This will be the easiest fight to pick ever. Werdum's chin is mad suspect, he almost got KO'd by a 205 lber last weekend.

His chin wasnt a problem vs top strikers lik Aleks or Arlovski or Kharitonov.

this is a solid fight...werdum is underrated...hes basically the same level as barnett

Wasa-B - 
KPEAZY - This will be the easiest fight to pick ever. Werdum's chin is mad suspect, he almost got KO'd by a 205 lber last weekend.

His chin wasnt a problem vs top strikers lik Aleks or Arlovski or Kharitonov.

Arlovski did drop him a couple times, didn't he? Even Nog dropped him twice.

Mike Kyle is a heavy puncher, though.

nice highlight for Fedor to start his Strikeforce career

Werdum has a very good chin.  He's taken shots from Overeem, Kharitonov, and a handful of heavy punchers.

Aleksander never connected cleanly on him before he tapped him out.

His problem against Fedor is his lack of takedowns.

IrishFighter110 - Werdum is awesome off his back. I think he can sub Fedor. But he wont. Fedor ko 1st.

LMAO

KPEAZY - This will be the easiest fight to pick ever. Werdum's chin is mad suspect, he almost got KO'd by a 205 lber last weekend. Top lock-Fedor-KO-1
Put Fedor against Overeem. Only reason I don't think that will happen is M-1 having the ability to hand select opponents.

ban yourself.

ChokeEmOut -  LOL! Does Ricco think talking about Fedor makes him eligible to face him? Give me a fraking break.

Fedor vs Allistair is the only fight worth making right now for them

Werdum is decent but he will get wrecked standing by Fedor. His standup is terrible and he eats a lot of shots trying to get the clinch

I'd rather see Werdum vs Rogers, Allistair vs Fedor right now

Let Werdum fight Gilbert Yvel.  If he withstands Gilbert's stand up and still beats him, there should be no questions about him and he can fight the winner of Fedor vs. Overeem.

You're welcome Strikeforce.