Rogan Gets First Assignment in 3 Months

Anik is a dork, he reads these off the wall stats that nobody gives a shit about “that was the most kicks thrown in the 2nd round of a middle weight non - title fight ever”, I’m sitting there thinking 1. who even counts this shit and 2. who gives a shit?

7 Likes

This is the first time ever, for a German male that cuts more than 20 pound, when fighting 1000 feet above sea level, during a thunderstorm…
Fuck outta here.

4 Likes

He hasn’t lost interest. He talks about fights a lot on his podcast, and current ones too

Lol

1 Like

I hate retarded stats like that. I always joke with my wife that the UFC hired ESPN’s NBA stats team to feed them random, useless information for every event.

2 Likes

Schiavello, Mauro and Rogan would be fun for a card

1 Like

The faggots at r/UFC love him for some reason

Bisping and Rogan together would be cool to see. Bisping isnt afraid to give Joe a bit of shit. Just leave DC out of it. Anik too but I guess they need someone to shills their betting affiliates.

If I recall the last 2 PPV cards were overseas hence him not being there. He clearly doesnt need the money but I think he still loves going to work the bigger cards. He gets the best seat in the house and gets to hang with his friends. I assume he will work this one and the Dec card as its in LV.

I liked Goldberg a lot. He had no idea what he was talking about but he knew that. He was very good natured about it and he didn’t have a dry personality like anik. Anik sucks. The only person worse than him is rogan.

Cruz is by far the most technical analyst the UFC has ever had and I enjoy listening to him most of all.

1 Like

That’s a hardcore’s dream

1 Like

Goldberg was shockingly ignorant of a sport he covered for years, yet there was an endearing nostalgia to his unique style and retarded catchphrases. He’s like your dumbass uncle who couldn’t teach you how to change a flat tire but was always willing to play catch at the park with you. A lovable idiot.

I loved having him around and loved that period of MMA for what it provided to me. But looking at it objectively, he was not a very good commentator. That much become clear when he went to Bellator and was no longer paired with Rogan and the others. Suddenly his lack of knowledge became painful and expressions hard to listen to. I think his biggest asset overall was his energy and ability to get people into the show, and promote the fuck out of the UFC. Which was his job, and he did it well for a long time.

I think him and Joe just had flawless chemistry.

2 Likes

Shiavello is awful. He doesn’t come across as professional to me. Mauro is solid.

1 Like

Yea, putting someone who fucks up a lot and in funny ways with a comedian seems to just work. Who would have guessed? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

No…you need Rogan, Mauro, and a fighter. Dom or Bisping? Def not DC.

Amazing what happens to a person when they get a bunch of money.

1 Like

I agree with all of this. I hate Rogan to be honest. His technical knowledge just never grew with the sport. Goldberg and rogan were a great combination. I guess it was like you said, it was just that time in the sport.

After Rousey showed up and the fertita’s sold it wasn’t the same to me. I hate how corporate the sport feels now.

1 Like

I know right :joy:

Yeah it feels a lot more bland.

I think Rogan knows what he is talking about but he feels a lot less pressure to perform now because he has so many other things going on at this point, he’s just going in there and having fun. That’s what makes his commentary come off more like two bros talking fights at the gym.

1 Like

I know most of that sport really well. I really do. Rogan doesn’t know what he’s looking at.

St. Pierre was busting up Koscheck’s face with one of the best uses of jabs that sport has ever seen and st. Pierre throws one spinning back kick and rogan practically blew a load in his pants.

He knows absolutely nothing about wrestling. He didn’t even know what a granby roll was when Abel Truilijo was using it to escape khabib’s standing rear body lock. He really knows next to nothing. Most of the time his technical analysis honestly is usually wrong.

I knew he had gone full on faggot when Ronda Rousey came out he had tears in his eyes and exclaimed that Rousey was a once in forever athlete and that she could beat half of the men at BW. I couldn’t tolerate listening to his stupidity at all after that.

1 Like