Rogan Gets First Assignment in 3 Months

1 Like

It seems Rogan makes too much money from other sources of income to want to work shitty PPV cards these days. I dont blame him but its a shame. Commentary is dull without him

11 Likes

I think it’s much better without him. He was best with Goldie, and I’m not even a Goldie fan. Now that the broadcast team has become more professional, Joe sticks out like a bit of a sore thumb and at this point seems to mostly be phoning it in.

6 Likes

Beyond The Bling , He doesnt need the loot .

You think Jon Anik is a good commentator? He soends more time talking about betting than fighting. He diesnt understand what hes watching. He’s a poor mans Goldie

9 Likes

I love when Joe is shocked. He and Goldie were the golden years of announcers with the golden years of fighters. It was such a perfect era.

Joe Rogan Wow GIF by UFC

14 Likes

he used to be the perfect guy to explain grappling and general mma to newbies, but his niche isnt as necessary anymore. either that or the other guys have gotten better. ufc ppvs are better without imo, although his excitement during fights is one of a kind

1 Like

lol, fuck off. comparing anik to Goldberg is beyond ridiculous.

2 Likes

He was always an awful commentator. His technical knowledge was always lacking to be honest. The “OHHH, HE’S ROCKED!!” as soon as someone got hit with a decent punch got old.

2 Likes

I liked Goldy a lot. Really nice guy. But if they were going to replace him it should have been Mauro.

7 Likes

Schiavello

3 Likes

I dont remember the last time i heard him, but Bisping is good

2 Likes

Yes. He’s excellent.

He also knows the difference between Japanese and Portuguese. :rofl:

He certainly knows who the betting favourite is and he’ll nake sure youre constantly updated with live odds.

4 Likes

Wow, didnt realize anyone was actually an Anik fan.

I personally cant stand the guy and his constant hyperbole. His dry personality, lack of excitement and constantly calling everyone with a win or two as champion the greatest of all time.

5 Likes

Compared to Goldie, who was an absolute train wreck, constantly fucking things up each and every show, Anik is a rock solid professional.

1 Like

I would rather have someone better and less bland than both. Like a Schiavello or Mauro

1 Like

Anik got the “209” tattoo done right? I forget

It seems like joe has a lost a lot of his interest in MMA, and combat sports in general. I can’t really blame him, the vast majority of these PPV cards are a complete joke. They’re not worth showing up to. I remember back when every PPV was special, they would have the prelims on spike TV and at the end dana and joe would scream over each other trying to sell you the card. That’s back when they actually tried.

2 Likes