Rogan Inks New Deal to Stay at Spotify for around $250 Million

1 Like

Joe Rogan and his No. 1 ranked podcast are staying at Spotify.

The comedian and UFC color commentator has inked a new multi-year deal with Spotify reportedly worth around $250 million but his show will no longer be exclusive the streaming platform. Under terms of the new deal, Rogan’s podcast will once again be available on other services Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music and YouTube.

The Wall Street Journal first reported Rogan’s renewal with Spotify.

Rogan initially agreed to take his podcast to Spotify back in 2020 with the deal reportedly worth over $200 million. He’s now exceeded initial number that with his new deal and Rogan will be able to once again put his show on every major streaming service available.
His old deal was set to expire sometime in 2024 but now Rogan will stay with Spotify for multiple more years under the new agreement.

Spotify will handle distribution and ad sales for Rogan’s podcast. Rogan will receive a standard fee along with a cut of advertising revenue produced by his podcast.

Rogan continues to produce the most popular podcast on Spotify with his show ranked No.1 in 2023.

Of course, Rogan doesn’t come without his share of controversy, especially after some of his old shows were rehashed that featured the comedian using racial slurs. Spotify pulled 70 episodes of his podcast catalog that featured Rogan using the N-word and he called the entire ordeal a “political hit job.”

He was also accused of spreading misinformation during the COVID-19 pandemic, which eventually led to Spotify adding a disclaimer at the start of some of his episodes.

Despite those problems, Rogan’s show has remained a massive hit for Spotify as he welcomes a wide variety of guests on his program with episodes typically running between two and three hours. He’s had Twitter owner Elon Musk on his show numerous times as well as politicians like Bernie Sanders as well as entertainers such as Quentin Tarantino, Robert Downey Jr. and more.

Rogan also regularly features fighters on his podcast for MMA specific shows as well as doing “fight companion” broadcasts alongside friends such as retired heavyweight Brendan Schaub when he’s not calling the action during some UFC broadcasts.

There’s no word yet when Rogan’s podcast will begin appearing on other streaming platforms but it’s likely to happen soon now that his new deal is done.

1 Like

I suspect that’s what the last deal was worth.

Is he worth a billion yet? Would that make him the most successful comedian in history?

1 Like

Dude Gunna be richer than Dana soon

2 Likes

100% not.

If you’re going to classify his podcast under the “comedian” banner than that would put him with Howard Stern who has made way more.

But Rogan has lots of time to catch up if his show stays at the top.

Good for Joe and good for me now that he’s not exclusively on Spotify.

2 Likes

Getting 50 mill a year to talk to his friends every other day for two hours. Bro won at life.

9 Likes

I thought podcasts were struggling? Rogan’s numbers must be so beyond anyone else’s.

Jamie, pull up the video where I’m making a quarter billion dollars to be stoned 22 hours a day with zero professional/scientific/firsthand knowledge of 99% of what I babel about lol

4 Likes
1 Like

“Non-exclusive”. So does that mean he’s going un-private his YouTube archive and upload on YouTube again so people actually start watching again?

He lost over 50% of his audience in switching to Spotify:

2 Likes

IMG_4292

3 Likes

He makes more than $100,000 for only one episode.
thats really the ultimate job

1 Like

My hats off to him. He is a self made man and worked hard. Hope he spends it all on stupid shit

I’d give up have my fans for Rogan money.

On a side not I don’t like his comedy but I do like his podcast and his ufc commentary

That’s insane

I see women who in a million years I would have never thought would be connected to joe rogan posting about him now. He is huge and much more mainstream then meets the eye I think.

1 Like