Rogan Pushes Back On Claim UFC Has Created 'Monopoly' Over MMA

https://www.mmanews.com/news/joe-rogan-pushes-back-claim-ufc-monopoly-mma

‘If You Want To Be The Most Famous Motherf***er, The King Of The King…’

Joe Rogan caused a lot of discussion and controversy with his comments regarding fighters who are in the UFC versus those outside of it.

In December, fighters like Bellator’s Corey Anderson hit back at Rogan after the UFC commentator claimed that anyone who wasn’t signed with the UFC was “wasting their careers.”

The stand-up comedian and podcast host was specifically referencing the audience size and prestige that comes with being in the UFC.

Rogan recently elaborated on his comments when speaking about the ongoing antitrust lawsuit that is being held against the UFC.

Rogan: UFC Doesn’t Have A ‘Monopoly’ Over MMA, But It’s Still The Only Place For Top Fighters

The antitrust lawsuit against the UFC was brought up during Rogan’s recent Fight Companion podcast for UFC 297.
He started things off by talking about the case to be made for the UFC being accused of having a monopoly over the sport.

This core principle of the lawsuit suggests that fighters had nowhere else they could turn due to anti-competitive measures taken by the UFC in regard to contract negotiations and fighter pay.

Rogan believes that this argument struggles to get off the ground when you look at the other major sports that are all dominated by one body.

“They’re definitely the best at it but the monopoly argument, the problem with that is you can make that with the NBA, you can make that with the NFL, you can make that with Major League Baseball. If you’re playing for an additional football league outside of the NFL…”

Rogan then went on to talk about his thoughts on fighters who are outside of the UFC once again, though this time he elaborated on his beliefs.

He made it perfectly clear that he supports athletes that decide to go elsewhere in order to support themselves and their families. However, he firmly believes that there is only one promotion to compete in if you want to make it to the very top.

"I’ve said this before on the podcast and some fighters got mad at me. Listen, I understand if you go to Bellator and they pay you more money and I support you doing that. What I’m saying is if you want to be the best in the world, you want to be the most famous motherf***er, the king of the king at 155 pounds, 170 pounds, 185, 205, you have to fight in the UFC.

“You can make it if you’re a prize fighter but if you’re a fighter and maybe you’re one of those guys that fought in the UFC and then you go over to the PFL and make a million dollars for the tournament, awesome.”

This just in Rogan thinks 125-145lbs and HWs outside of the UFC are superior.

This just in, Triple H claims Vince McMahon is a god fearing man who is innocent of all accusations.

1 Like

lol