Rogan still believe UFC is "Swallowing" Boxing ?

Have fun watching your horribly corrupt sport.

114-114 draw. Hahaha.

MMA judging is bad at times, but at least we can take solace in the fact that it's just dumb judging and not paid-off judging. Phone Post 3.0

Twelvers hav superior genetics - 
stonepony - 
Twelvers hav superior genetics - Haye and Fury are also said to be earning close to 5 million each this weekend. Some more fighters in Boxing that make 'nothing' apart from Floyd according to stonepony! What a fucking joke!

I corrected that, so you can stop using it to obfuscate. The few exceptions, are still exceptions.

The average UFC fighter makes far more money. And kids aren't in the gyms dreaming of becoming boxers.

Reality buddy. Corruption killed boxing. They just haven't gotten the news in Russia yet.

No you said apart from Floyd everybody else in Boxing makes nothing. Well already there have been 8 fighters named who make millions. I could name lots more who have made millions in their career and will continue to sell out shows and make many more. Russia? are you a red neck Boxing is pretty huge in WESTERN EUROPE YOU DUMMY!

How many superstars in the UFC makes millions all the time? How much did Shane Carwin and Liz carmouche get for their title fights please remind me?

Tyson fury is a hardly a big name in Boxing yet this Saturday he will make almost 5 million pound sterling. Carl Froch is going to make a fortune too from his fight with groves which sold out 18000 in just 11 minutes.

You sir are utterly delusional and need professionally psychiatric help if you are writing this shit of your own accord and not working for zuffa. Your posts are an embarrassment to say the least. You haven't got a clue.

Maybe you just have reading comprehension trouble? Apart from Floyd, almost nobody makes money in boxing. Almost. I'm sure you'll pretend you didn't read that again, because your nonsense falls apart otherwise. It's just a fact.

The average UFC fighter makes a lot more money. According to anybody who is honest and not crippled by your kind of weird delusions. Your argument is no different from someone claiming GSP makes more than Floyd, because not all of the money is on the record so we don't know. The average pro boxer doesn't make enough from a fight to cover the plane ticket.

stonepony -
Jons Forsberg - 
stonepony - 
Jons Forsberg - " there is only Floyd to use as an example. Everybody else makes nothing"

Canelo, Marquez, Pacquiao, Klitschos, Floyd, all bigger draws and making more than their Mexican/Asian/European/American counterparts in the UFC.

Sorry, I should have said almost everybody.

the UFC is no different. couple guys making big, but not nearly as big money as boxing while everybody else makes nothing.

It's no different, as long as you ignore the fact that the average UFC fighter makes far more than the average boxer.

As long as we ignore all of the relevant facts, there's no difference.

Average boxer. God tou fuys need to stop listening to lorenzo and pull your head out of your ass. The guys who make shit in boxing are not even in top 200 and are known by a total of 8 people, and that's including friends and family.

There is not one boxer that has had even a lil hype not making good money. Hell I love my boxing andn I see names that ibhave only heard of once and they are making 150k.

People bring up "only two guys make money in boxing" yet I can name 20 from just in the past year that was paid guarenteed fight purse in the millions and wasn't cause of floyd or pac.

Then you got another 30 making 250k to 750k then you got your guys whi make 30k to 100k, tyen you got your small ones of 5-15k then you got the nobodys that have 1 or 2 fights making like 1k, but there complete andbutter bums.

I'd you have a big amateur back ground you get big money quick. 10 fights in and riggondeaux is already cracking in the millions and beat a top p4p fighter and is a champ and is getting big ratings cause how successful he was in the amateurs.

Once again, you guys don't know your facts Phone Post

Boxing is alive & well. That is not even debatable. I am 39 years old and Boxing has been alive & well for 39 years.

UFC is doing fine. However it has declined and since the Lesnar, Chuck, Tito, Randy etc era = The numbers don't lie.
UFC is doing just fine and it's not taking over. Personally my observation is that the "buzz" at places like B dubs is waaaaaaaaay down. Maybe I am wrong?

I do have to say that some of the UFC fanboys are amazing. This logic of "none of my friends watch" LOL. OR "kids don't dream of being boxers" LOL again. Are you serious bro!

None of your friends watch NFL most likely and it's pretty f'ing huge.

Honestly this is a stupid debate. If you are a fight fan, you watch both boxing and MMA. Boxing has been around forever and Floyd is the best boxer of this era. Numbers don't mean shit.

UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman - "if the UFC is on the decline, which it is..."

Stopped reading there.

If youre doing 12-14 PPVs a year, and averaging 400k buys...plus the increase is "free" events that fox is paying you millions of....

Nevermind. Fuck it. Live in delusion if you want. Phone Post
^^ Phone Post 3.0

Yet Zuffa is still the largest ppv provider in the world and ZUffa doesnt have to pay 80% plus of the revenue  out to the fighteres like boxing...  that's a significant advantage the UFC has compared to boxing because more money can be invested into the sport. 

And that's also another reason why it's silly to think the Fertitta brothers would ever want to sell completely out of the business.

Imagine if you owned/controlled an entire sport along with most of the revenue.  No sane person would sell completely out.

Regardless, it's not a zero sum game...It's not like if the UFC does well it hurts boxing or vice versa.

MMALOGIC - 

Yet Zuffa is still the largest ppv provider in the world and ZUffa doesnt have to pay 80% plus of the revenue  out to the fighteres like boxing...  that's a significant advantage the UFC has compared to boxing because more money can be invested into the sport. 

And that's also another reason why it's silly to think the Fertitta brothers would ever want to sell completely out of the business.

Imagine if you owned/controlled an entire sport along with most of the revenue.  No sane person would sell completely out.

Regardless, it's not a zero sum game...It's not like if the UFC does well it hurts boxing or vice versa.

"it's not a zero sum game...It's not like if the UFC does well it hurts boxing or vice versa"

I think it's exactly like that. They're in direct competition for control of the combat sports market. The rise of MMA has clearly impacted boxing. If MMA didn't exist, people under 40 would still be able to name the HW champion.

Kind of a silly argument. Boxing is definitely growing in Europe - the Klitchko's are bigger in Germany than Jones or Cain are in the US.

MMA too is definitely growing - total PPV sales are up, even if sales per PPV is down. That is to be expected, if you put out more types of any product, the sales of any individual item is going to go down, even as the total sales go up. Almost no one is interested in spending $50 every month for PPV's for MMA or any sport (even the NFL tried and decided against the PPV model for that reason).

This argument makes as much sense as saying that football is killing basketball (or vice-versa) - most people are quite happy watching more than one sport. What is it about fight fans that they think fans will only watch one kind of sport?

78% of households in Mexico watched Canelo-Mayweather. That's higher than the superbowl in the USA

Allen Hood -
EatonBeever -
Pitbull3744 - Boxing is dead, there is literally no one left. The only numbers they ever see is when Floyd and manny fights that literally it.

UFC does PPV after PPV and always does impressive numbers and it's only getting better and growing. Boxing isn't growing at all. There are no heavyweights left and they used to run the show.

I'm surprised in you silly boys! Phone Post 3.0

"No One Left" - really this is the absolute DUMBEST quote from any mma fan boy.    There is no crystal ball to predict whos the next big thing in boxing, but ali-tyson-oscar-jones-pac/mayweather . . history shows there is always going to be a next big thing.  Who knows...There may be a kid out there 16 years old that will completely demolish Floyd's record one day.  How do you know ?

Floyd's record of half cans half names. Boxing is dead. If they can only put on 2 ppv's a year that people will actually buy that's pathetic. Phone Post 3.0

Cans? Have you not looked at andersons resume? That's cans right there. And he lost to some also Phone Post

EatonBeever -
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman - 
EatonBeever -

Imagine how silly it would be for Floyd / Canelo promoters to say "Wait, now...hold on, lets whore ourselves out to promote this fight...First thing is first.  We need to be coaches on a Boxing reality tv show - The Ultimate Boxer.  Then we need to create some 'BAD BLOOD" and have coaches talk shit for a while.  Then when we are ready for the ppv, we will have to delay it because one of the 'coaches' is injured and have to wait, so we will do an interim title until the other coach is all better and then we'll tell everyone on Fox, this will be the ultimate biggest boxing fight of all time and EVERYONE will believe us."'

Boxing tried reality shows....they got cancelled. ;-)

Boxing is not dead by any means, but you sound just as ignorant as the "boxing is dead" crowd when you claim MMA (or UFC) is on the decline. How many boxing events are on major public networks every year? How many major cable networks show boxing hihlights and replays 4-5 days a week for hours? You wont face that reality because you have a personal hatred of the UFC/Dana. Phone Post

Why would it matter if Boxing events are on a major public network if no one watches it !!!  LMAO!!!   How many people gave a FUCK about UFC on Fox: Jonson vs. Moraga card besides the UFC fan boys ?  No disrespect by the fighters on that card but Lawler was the only person that mattered on that whole card.  It was an event that someone would watch and not remember afterwards. 

And my claims that UFC is on the decline is backed up by numbers where the whole "UFC is swallowing Boxing" is backed up by opinions and no facts. 

This is all you have. Pick ONE of the events that didnt have huge ratings and cling to that one. Deflect from the bigger picture. Ignore the volume of PPV buys over the whole year compared to boxing. Cling to ONE boxing PPV and ignore the bigger picture.

MMA is more "mainstream" and more popular overall in America right now. Not sure why that rustles your jimmies so much. Phone Post

ssj -
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman -  "if the UFC is on the decline, which it is..."

Stopped reading there.

If youre doing 12-14 PPVs a year, and averaging 400k buys...plus the increase is "free" events that fox is paying you millions of....

Nevermind. Fuck it. Live in delusion if you want. Phone Post

lol at hyping up 400k ppv buys in the era of 'successful' ppv's being at least 1m+

What "era" is that? Whp set the bar for "successful" = 1m? Does volume of events not matter?

12 events x 400k = 4.8m buys over the year.

Is boxing pulling 5m PPV buys a year?
Is boxing pulling weekly rating like UFC+Bellator are every week on cable and networks? Phone Post

The UFC had more success attracting pro wrestling fans than boxing fans.  Lesnar used to break a million buys every time out.  James Toney got half that.

But it's a stupid thing to discuss, anyway.  Boxing and MMA are 2 different sports. WTF.

People like MMA Logic who pray for the demise of Bellator don't realize that if Bellator fails, it's not because of the brand, it's because of the sport itself. 

stonepony - 
MMALOGIC - 

"it's not a zero sum game...It's not like if the UFC does well it hurts boxing or vice versa"

I think it's exactly like that. They're in direct competition for control of the combat sports market. The rise of MMA has clearly impacted boxing. If MMA didn't exist, people under 40 would still be able to name the HW champion.

LOL you really need some professional help little man! You do know there are more people who live outside the USA then those who live within in don't you?

Virtually nobody in the UK knows who Michael Bisping is let alone Cain Valasquez? Yet they know who David Haye, Amir Khan and Carl Froch are and they also know who Floyd Mayweather is as well. Heavyweight boxing is alive and well and doing better in Europe then it ever has going by the numbers the Klitsckhos brothers pull.

MMA has done nothing to Boxing's growth around the world and even in America it is still extremely healthy and going strong. Since Brock left the UFC numbers are going down boy hate to break it to you.

Thanks for the laughs but you have been humiliated enough and I'm done for the night. It's obvious you can't even grasp the basics here you are out of your depth.

I know buddy, I know. And those bell-bottoms will be back in style any day now.

But, you run along and continue to enjoy commenting on an MMA forum though.

We need a certain somebody from Stary Oskol to come save us. Phone Post 3.0

CapnKindBud -
Jons Forsberg -
stonepony - 
Jons Forsberg - " there is only Floyd to use as an example. Everybody else makes nothing"

Canelo, Marquez, Pacquiao, Klitschos, Floyd, all bigger draws and making more than their Mexican/Asian/European/American counterparts in the UFC.

Sorry, I should have said almost everybody.

Also what about David Haye and Amir Khan? So how many is that now that make 'nothing' except Floyd?

You don't have a clue and lol if you think anyone can take you seriously on this topic after that latest little embarrassment!

Right. UK boxing has Haye and Tyson Fury versus middle of the pack fighter like Bisping in UK MMA.

The UFC's attempts to get into overseas marketat laughable. Making US born Velasquez wear the Mexico mouth piece lol. Still can't hold a candle to Canelo and Marquez.

Boxing has the biggest stars in every country on the planet except Brazil and Canada. The UFC only wishes it was the global sport it dreams to be.
Once again, this is ridiculous.
Boxing is bigger only because its been here for so much longer. None of us were here for boxings first 20 years but we were for the sport of mma.
You guys are arguing over ppv buys and the global popularity. The real truth is that we have watched this sport grow so fast that some are saying things like mma wishes that it was as big as the sport of boxing and it does.
But Rogan was right also.
It's only a matter of time. You know it's true and what's more, if you watched that joke of a "fight" last week, you know that mma is a better sport. Phone Post 3.0

And how did you come up with this logic? Cause numbers say otherwise.

And that joke of a fight, was a work of art that you can't see anywhere else. Your saying people prefer two guys throwing shitty haymakers with 1 round cardio just swinging for the fences?

You know what tennis looks like a boting ass soort, but they get millions if views, but that d oesnt matter cause yoy think it sucks or its a joke therefore its not an exciting sport.

Your not the only human on this world. If mma was sooo better they would not get 170k buys for there last card. Phone Post

I am still waiting for someone to post a boxing card that did not have Floyd or Manny on the card that had over 500k ppv buys in 2012 or 2013.

I enjoy boxing and grew up watching it like most of us over 30 and know it doesn't have anywhere near the popularity it did in the 80's and 90's.

I will watch any combat sport on tv but there is no denying it as a whole is in the decline. MMA is not growing like it was but it certainly is very healthy as a whole especially if it is compared to boxing. Phone Post

UFC is a brand just like Mayweather is.  Only Mayweather pulls those numbers.  He's 36 and will stop soon.  Then what for boxing?