Roger Gracie smashing his black belt

4 Likes

Consistent, methodical, inevitable.

3 Likes

One of my favorite BJJ interviews was Lex Friedman with Roger. Lex is, well, Lex but Roger was great. He just got done training with Gordon. He asked Roger how it went. Roger was humble. Lex pushed. He asked Roger how he deals with the “modern leg lock game”. Roger just said, “I have some answers” and smirked. Wouldn’t really elaborate. If you look at Gordon post that training sessions he is now more focused on mount and pressure. Roger is the overall GOAT of our generation.

7 Likes

You can feel the presh just from watching - and can just tell nothing you try is going to work

1 Like

The title of this thread sounds like Roger is jerking off in the gym

1 Like

Don’t be silly, thats only on his subscription site

2 Likes

His gym his rules.

2 Likes

That interview was really good. Its been a while since ive seen it but i completely remember roger had a pretty shallow modesty/humility through most of it. To an extent hes for sure earned the right to brag about everything, but the whole martial artist thing you know? Perhaps im just being idealistic. Marcelo never seemed to give off that vibe. Roger had a wink and shit eating grin almost the entire time. Playing the part of a humble guy rather than actually being humble.

You can be confident and acknowledge your successes without secretly stroking your dick over it. I think thats the difference between confidence/humility and arrogance

1 Like