Roger Gracie teaching his mounted cross choke

No better source of details than Roger on this one.. Very few if any competitiors finished the mounted cross choke with his frequency.. If any speaks portuguese feel free to layout the larger details

Cool, I haven't see that one thanks.

Here is a vid from his BB Nic Gregoriades that covers a lot of the details, with additional tips on the first grip

Direct links:

Roger

Nic

sub

Sub Phone Post

in

Awesome details in that second vid Phone Post 3.0

I've watched these vids so many times and decided to started focusing on the cross choke when I got to mount... The detail that has lead the my biggest improvement so far is that the forearm needs to pin the opponents head to the mat and turn it away from the hand.

If you just scrape across the face, you may turn his chin away, but his head is pretty much in the same place. By pressuring his head down against the mat and rolling his head it doesn't just turn face away, it also moves his entire head and opens that angle between his head and shoulder. It also forces his neck into your other forearm.

sub

nice

In Phone Post

mrgoodarmbar - I've watched these vids so many times and decided to started focusing on the cross choke when I got to mount... The detail that has lead the my biggest improvement so far is that the forearm needs to pin the opponents head to the mat and turn it away from the hand.

If you just scrape across the face, you may turn his chin away, but his head is pretty much in the same place. By pressuring his head down against the mat and rolling his head it doesn't just turn face away, it also moves his entire head and opens that angle between his head and shoulder. It also forces his neck into your other forearm.

Thanks for pointing this out!

mrgoodarmbar - I've watched these vids so many times and decided to started focusing on the cross choke when I got to mount... The detail that has lead the my biggest improvement so far is that the forearm needs to pin the opponents head to the mat and turn it away from the hand.

Which forearm? Phone Post 3.0

My best submission.

sub

In Phone Post 3.0

acm5060 - 
mrgoodarmbar - I've watched these vids so many times and decided to started focusing on the cross choke when I got to mount... The detail that has lead the my biggest improvement so far is that the forearm needs to pin the opponents head to the mat and turn it away from the hand.

Which forearm? Phone Post 3.0

The second arm, that is reaching across. Look at Roger's left forearm @ 2:03.

2 add'l details that have helped....

1) I like to start mount with a cross face, threatening an ezekial at first.. Before starting into the cross choke, I use the hand that was cross facing him, to grab the back of his gi and pull it a bit to loosen it up. When your opponent is shrimping away from you, the gi get can pretty tight up top.

2) I like to turn by hips a bit, not as much as s-mount, just enough to make it more natural to keep the blade of my forearm against his neck. It also makes posting with head a bit easier as well.

Ltr Phone Post 3.0

In here Phone Post 3.0

In Phone Post 3.0

That would never work.