Roger gracie won......

But I don't see him doing well in the ufc mw division. Do u agree? Phone Post

Time will tell, hope to see some good fights at least!

I have a feeling he might have troubles with the top of the division, but his fights are enjoyable. Phone Post

I like Roger but he'll run a similar corse as Damien Maia IMO Phone Post

Seems a bit too relaxed in there. Thought he would have changed it up a bit after mo knocked him out but tonight he got away with it against less than steller opersition Phone Post

His stand-up still hasn't changed since he got KO'ed by Lawal.

That whole relaxed demeanor is going to get him killed if he doesn't start being more agressive.

I know one thing- I enjoy watching his fights. Wishing him nothing but the best in the UFC. I think if we had another Gracie climb the ranks and submit his opponents handily in the UFC, Goldie just might implode while telling the Gracie Family story over & over again during his fights. Phone Post

Funny thing is, it wasn't like he was missing shots against Smith. He was actually quite accurate with his punches.

Problem was there was no power behind them, and at times, it looked like he was measuring distance and slapping Smith with his fists, when he could have easily knocked Smith on his ass. He needs to work on his striking a lot more. Frustrating watching him throw pitter patter punches when he could have actually hurt Smith.

Lol at all the experts here.

Roger is doing fine for his game and body type. If he gets aggressive and trades punches like you guys suggest, he'll get KTFO. He is not a natural striker, has poor explosiveness and a bad chin.

Look, the worst thing a great BJJer can do is try to be a striker. Look at Gurgel, Maia (when he fell in love with striking) and Aoki (vs Alvarez II).

Roger will win fights if he sticks to this approach. He is doing the right thing. Will he be top 3... Probably not, but he will lose tought fights by decision rather than KO. This is pure water Jiujitsu, for self defense for the weak, but in a contest of athleticism of course being tough and aggressive wins judges opinions. Phone Post

gage949 - 

I like Roger but he'll run a similar corse as Damien Maia IMO Phone Post

beat a lot of top guys, drop weight and crush his first 2 opponents making him an instant contender? I bet Roger would be happy to go that course.

s3xyama - He didn't crush stun gun was not a real win, he crushed rory though, and I wanna see a rematch. Phone Post

Huh? Phone Post

cm81 - 

Lol at all the experts here.

Roger is doing fine for his game and body type. If he gets aggressive and trades punches like you guys suggest, he'll get KTFO. He is not a natural striker, has poor explosiveness and a bad chin.

Look, the worst thing a great BJJer can do is try to be a striker. Look at Gurgel, Maia (when he fell in love with striking) and Aoki (vs Alvarez II).

Roger will win fights if he sticks to this approach. He is doing the right thing. Will he be top 3... Probably not, but he will lose tought fights by decision rather than KO. This is pure water Jiujitsu, for self defense for the weak, but in a contest of athleticism of course being tough and aggressive wins judges opinions. Phone Post

Drysdales got the right idea as well, he knows what he does at a world class level and executes it... Roger will never be up there as a striker, he needs to stick to his strengths

GelderdEnd - 
s3xyama - He didn't crush stun gun was not a real win, he crushed rory though, and I wanna see a rematch. Phone Post

Huh? Phone Post

Rick?

GelderdEnd -

Huh? Phone Post

He's talking about Maia and meant Story not Rory Phone Post

gage949 - I like Roger but he'll run a similar corse as Damien Maia IMO Phone Post

I don't see him having as much success as Maia. Not unless he gets really aggressive and turns up the pressure like Maia does when he's at his best, just get in their face and decide the fight is going to the ground at all costs. Phone Post

Roger's too one dimensional to be a championship contender, but he'll do well against mid level competition with the tools he does possess, his elite grappling and his effective use of his long reach.