Rogers has not earned a shot at Emelianenko.

^ funny thing is we all know Fedor could easily take Rogers down and abuse him about as bad as Fedor did Sylvia....

but he will prove his absolute dominance by KOing Rogers on the feet

this whole thing is funny.

I mean christ, coker even SAID it. he is tossing rogers in for a warm up fight for fedor. he didn't want to put anyone with a chance in there, it would ruin it for a championship fight, so he gave fedor an easy win.

he did the same with AA, but a fluke caught him.

what's so hard to see? 

The funny part is everyone here saying "why aren't they promoting fedor's fight" when he's not even fighting anyone that matters. Wait until he actually fights someone.

Just b/c we havent seen his ground game doesnt mean it is non-existant. He's just been good enough to keep his fights where his strength is...standing.

Li Mu Bai - he can catch Fedor with a punch and win by Ko or Tko, man if that happens the internet will freeze.

Freeze? Some machines from the future will travel back into time and kill Al Gore so the internet will never be born.

Monsters Ball - Rogers is 10-0 and he won all of his fights via stoppages.

Carwin is 11-0, do you think he is worthy of his title shot? Rogers is ranked higher than he is.

I suspect you have UFC bias here. If Rogers were in the UFC Dana would tell you how awesome he is.

Carwin is a former NCAA wrestling champ AS WELL AS serious knockout power.

Rogers so far has only shown half of what Carwin has.

"If Fedor wins...this will all be mute." The word is MOOT, numnuts. Look it up.

Rogers is one of Strikeforce's biggest and rising stars... it makes sense to get Fedor exposure against him.

UncleGrappler - "If Fedor wins...this will all be mute." The word is MOOT, numnuts. Look it up.

I know right. Sometimes this place is mind bottleing.

dimesnake - 
OctopusFighter - 
dimesnake - I know they need an opponent for FEDOR, but this is not how it's supposed to be.

You're right. Shots at the champ are supposed to be reserved for high level, legitimate challengers, such as Yuji Nagata, Zuluzinho, Gary Goodridge, and Hong Man Choi.

are you female? bringing up the past like a bitch. Lets talk about Rogers vs Fedor. kthnx

Are you retarded? Ignoring any information that goes against your point like a bitch?

It's not about him earning a shot, it's about them  not having anyone else for Fedor to fight.  He's basically filler at this point, but one with a puncher's chance.  Fedor via sub in Rnd 1.

Of course not, but there's only 3 heavyweights outside of the UFC, and Fedor needs a paycheck.

thank you captain obvious...

UncleGrappler - "If Fedor wins...this will all be mute." The word is MOOT, numnuts. Look it up.

i kinda felt that was the wrong Mute. oh well.

Monsters Ball - Rogers is 10-0 and he won all of his fights via stoppages.

Carwin is 11-0, do you think he is worthy of his title shot? Rogers is ranked higher than he is.

I suspect you have UFC bias here. If Rogers were in the UFC Dana would tell you how awesome he is.

Yes. Rogers would beat Carwin, imo.

i am not asking "WHY" Rogers has earned a shot. I know why. I am stating that with Strikeforce and their lack of competition to Fedor, Rogers is going to get a chance to KO Fedor...which is completely wrong.

does he deserve it any more than Ho Man Choi?

dimesnake - Rogers' is top ten because he "caught" Arlovski.

Didn't Fedor also "catch" him, after being mostly controlled in the stand up?