Ronda rolling with Gracies

Synado - I would have liked to see more drilling and rolling. Less sales pitch talk.

Why are people so upset about them promoting themselves?

That is how you build a business. Without the Gracies self-promotion, the UFC wouldn't even exist (the first four UFCs were basically Gracie infomercials). The Gracies in Action tapes wouldn't exist. Mel Gibson never would have triangled Gary Busey in Lethal Weapon.

There is nothing wrong with self-promotion. They aren't running a charity.

Steve4192 - 
Synado - I would have liked to see more drilling and rolling. Less sales pitch talk.
<br />
Why are people so upset about them promoting themselves?<br />
<br />
That is how you build a business. Without the Gracies self-promotion, the UFC wouldn't even exist (the first four UFCs were basically Gracie infomercials). The Gracies in Action tapes wouldn't exist. Mel Gibson never would have triangled Gary Busey in Lethal Weapon.<br />
<br />
There is nothing wrong with self-promotion. They aren't running a charity.</blockquote>

They should be giving credit to Mitsuyo Maeda & Art Davie & WOW promotions.Rorion`s role was just a little more than introducing his family members.

Helio or Carlos more or less "modified" the name Judo (Japanese BTW) to Gracie Jiu-Jitsu.

It took alot of people to make SEG/UFC Art Davie,John Milius,Campbell McClaren & Bob Meyrowitz and plenty of investors (WOW promotions)

Somehow,Helio & Rorion get much more credit than they deserve IMHO.

*Edited to spell Meyrowitz.

IMO I don't think Ronda should get to deep into playing guard. It goes against the grain of her She's a scrambler like Sakuraba and if she starts watning to prove to people that she can play guard, thats the day she can get beat.

cheesesteak - IMO I don't think Ronda should get to deep into playing guard. It goes against the grain of her She's a scrambler like Sakuraba and if she starts watning to prove to people that she can play guard, thats the day she can get beat.

I agree, but it never hurts to have a few extra tools on the toolbelt in case of emergency. Sakuraba sure could have used a better defensive guard game when he was getting smashed on the ground by monsters like Arona and Manhoef.

Wasa-B - Zuffa should employ Rener and Ryron for grappling analysis in their previews and PPVs.

Check it DFWJr

The Gracie breakdowns are always amazing to watch.

REDRUM_NYC -

god forbid Honda locks in a triangle. Shes gonna pull a TOQUINHO

Wtf? Phone Post 3.0

crowbar -
Steve4192 - 
<br />
Why are people so upset about them promoting themselves?<br />
<br />
That is how you build a business. Without the Gracies self-promotion, the UFC wouldn't even exist (the first four UFCs were basically Gracie infomercials). The Gracies in Action tapes wouldn't exist. Mel Gibson never would have triangled Gary Busey in Lethal Weapon.<br />
<br />
There is nothing wrong with self-promotion. They aren't running a charity.</blockquote>

They should be giving credit to Mitsuyo Maeda & Art Davie & WOW promotions.Rorion`s role was just a little more than introducing his family members.

Helio or Carlos more or less "modified" the name Judo (Japanese BTW) to Gracie Jiu-Jitsu.

It took alot of people to make SEG/UFC Art Davie,John Milius,Campbell McClaren & Bob Meyrowitz and plenty of investors (WOW promotions)

Somehow,Helio & Rorion get much more credit than they deserve IMHO.

*Edited to spell Meyrowitz.

Would they have created the UFC with out Rorion? No. Would Rorion created it without them? Yes. Therefore the majority of the credit goes to Rorion. Phone Post 3.0

Yes,they would have.Art Davie was already a match-maker with his tough-man shows.

Art is the one who wanted to see who was the baddest man in the world.

He pitched the idea to Rorion & everything took off from there.

Rorion wasn`t making that much money teaching GJJ and being a part-time actor.

crowbar -

Yes,they would have.Art Davie was already a match-maker with his tough-man shows.

Art is the one who wanted to see who was the baddest man in the world.

He pitched the idea to Rorion & everything took off from there.

Rorion wasn`t making that much money out of his garage teaching Jiu Jitsu & and being a part-time actor.

Rorion came up with the idea, and would have taken it to plenty of others to get it done. Phone Post 3.0

Art says it was his idea & even Art couldn`t do it alone with WOW promotions.For that,you have to give the credit to Bob Meyrowitz who took a chance with the PPV.

Meisha took Ronda down tonight, Ronda dominated from guard.

Sub Phone Post 3.0

cheesesteak - IMO I don't think Ronda should get to deep into playing guard. It goes against the grain of her She's a scrambler like Sakuraba and if she starts watning to prove to people that she can play guard, thats the day she can get beat.
Not playing guard is what almost killed Sakuraba in some of his fights. Phone Post 3.0

KDK1CallingKDK12 - 
cheesesteak - IMO I don't think Ronda should get to deep into playing guard. It goes against the grain of her She's a scrambler like Sakuraba and if she starts watning to prove to people that she can play guard, thats the day she can get beat.
Not playing guard is what almost killed Sakuraba in some of his fights. Phone Post 3.0

As a Saku fan, i agree with this. You dont have to develop and Aoki like guard and jump to it a lot but you do absolutely have to learn how to handle yourself off your back in MMA. Again, Ronda got taken down by Tate but still dominated her from her guard last night.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MWJWFgo_jD4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

new breakdown.