Ronda Rousey or Jon Jones, who is better p4p?

Ronda has fought ZERO Champs, Beasts, Legends. not her fault there is only 2 others(Gina/Cyborg), but it is what is is.

ITookANotoriousMoneyShot - Jones is way more talented and has faced way tougher competition. This isn't even close.

epwar -
theshooter - "Jones is way more talented and has faced way tougher competition. This isn't even close."

Is he really more talented as far as skill goes, or does he just rely on having a freakishly long reach and an unusual ability to cut more weight than most so he can fight at 205 when he is easily big enough to fight at heavyweight?

I know that Ronda cuts weight and could easily fight at 145 lbs. (probably even higher), but she does not tower over her opponents in height and reach like Jones does. Even when Jones fought Gustaffson, Gustafson was 1" taller, but Jones still had him beat by 4 1/2" in reach. Ronda does not have a huge reach.

Shit, I didn't think the "Jones only wins because of his size and reach" people existed anymore.  It is like seeing a unicorn.

Yes
That's why Stephan Struve is undefeated and champion of the HW division and why George Roop won so handily on the weekend Phone Post 3.0

ITookANotoriousMoneyShot - Jones is way more talented and has faced way tougher competition. This isn't even close.

If a 135 jones fought Miesha and bethe he would wreck shop. If a 205 Ronda fought DC or likes of shogun she'd get her shit kicked in Phone Post 3.0

It pains me to say this because I thoroughly dislike Jon as a person from what I read about him, but I have come to accept he is the GOAT. Phone Post 3.0

Well, Ronda DID beat Bethe...

Jones. Phone Post 3.0

Jones.

As has been mentioned time and time again, women's 135 is painfully thin.

Come on son. Phone Post 3.0

Every single fighter Jones faced was more dangerous and more well rounded than every single fighter Ronda has ever faced. GTFO here with this dumb shit. Phone Post 3.0

ITookANotoriousMoneyShot - Jones is way more talented and has faced way tougher competition. This isn't even close.
This Phone Post 3.0

Easily JJ. RR is a monster and without a doubt the women's P4P. JJ has had way tougher opponents. Phone Post 3.0

theshooter - Jon Jones is the best fighter so far in the 205 lb. weight class, and one of the best ever in general, but how does he compare to Ronda Rousey?

I don't think that Ronda Rousey would stand any chance against Jon Jones in a fight, but who is better between the two of them on a pound for pound ratio scale basis?

I think that a strong argument can be made that Ronda Rousey is better than Jon Jones in this regard.

Look at the way that Ronda annihilates her opponents. Jones has had to rely on judges decisions several times, and he came damn close to losing that fight against Gustaffson, and some would argue that he should have lost that decision. Ronda has finished every opponent she has faced, but submission or knock out, most of them in the 1st round, and the longest anyone has lasted with her was to the 3rd round.

Both of them cut weight to fight in their weight class, but it appears to me that Jones relies more on size while Ronda relies more on skill and aggressiveness, not to say that Jones is not skilled or aggressive, because he is, just not to the same level as Ronda.

So who is better pound for pound, Jon Jones or Ronda Rousey?

tenchu -

?? Phone Post 3.0

LogProducer - who's the worst ranked 135lb male ufc fighter? Rousey belongs below him in p4p rankings
Ronda belongs below EVERY male 135er in the UFC in p4p rankings Phone Post 3.0

Jones via competition Phone Post 3.0

Ronda beat betch who got a title shot after training for only 3-4 years (basically a phenom). Phone Post 3.0

Fucking thread sucks.

If we're talking about a P4P fight, Ronda wouldn't be a contender in any division and would be fighting on the prelims at best.

Yes, her Judo is good, but her striking is hella sloppy no matter how many commercials they put up of her shadow boxing. Also she has faced absolutely no good competition.

Stupid thread Phone Post 3.0

theshooter - Jon Jones is the best fighter so far in the 205 lb. weight class, and one of the best ever in general, but how does he compare to Ronda Rousey?

I don't think that Ronda Rousey would stand any chance against Jon Jones in a fight, but who is better between the two of them on a pound for pound ratio scale basis?

I think that a strong argument can be made that Ronda Rousey is better than Jon Jones in this regard.

Look at the way that Ronda annihilates her opponents. Jones has had to rely on judges decisions several times, and he came damn close to losing that fight against Gustaffson, and some would argue that he should have lost that decision. Ronda has finished every opponent she has faced, but submission or knock out, most of them in the 1st round, and the longest anyone has lasted with her was to the 3rd round.

Both of them cut weight to fight in their weight class, but it appears to me that Jones relies more on size while Ronda relies more on skill and aggressiveness, not to say that Jones is not skilled or aggressive, because he is, just not to the same level as Ronda.

So who is better pound for pound, Jon Jones or Ronda Rousey?
imo, pfp is no respector of race, sex, religion etc. Only size.

Rousey is not top 20 at 135. Probably not even top 50.

under no circumstances (not even "right ones") is she in any true pfp discussions with men.

If you want to adjust it for sex, then go ahead, but that is some advanced algorith, that my mental computer can't calculate. I wouldn't even know where to start. Phone Post 3.0