Ronda Rousey & Vic Darchinyan sparring highlights

If she can develop striking that's half as good as her grappling then she'll be champ for a very long time. Phone Post

SouthernGent -
future_jabroni - Has anybody here ever tried that kind of headgear w/ a bar in the front? If so, would you recommend it.

We call it the bitch bar. It's okay if you're a pro fighter and don't want to get cut while sparring, other than that it is pretty lame.

The bar stops you from absorbing punches to the face, unfortunately it transfers the energy more to the neck.

I decided not to have my girls use them but some do, the only issue I hear about is that when you get hit it pops your head up in the air and that sucks. Phone Post

Well I'm glad Ronda is improving on her stand up skills but let's be real folks....at this point she is nowhere near ready for a cyborg violent mauling. White knights may convince themselves otherwise I beg a differ...

Looked like a fun, controlled spar

ttt Phone Post 3.0

It seems a little unfair that Rousey seems to have 10x the resources for training than the rest of the female division put together. They need to build up some other female fighters and get some of the money to them so they can compete on an even playing field.

Good shit Ronda, she isnt a good striker, maybe she never will be but she is improving from where she was. remember she hasnt been around long and the ground game is where she is comfortable.

I give her props for trying to improve and stepping in with an elite boxer like Vic.

Y2JB - It seems a little unfair that Rousey seems to have 10x the resources for training than the rest of the female division put together. They need to build up some other female fighters and get some of the money to them so they can compete on an even playing field.
Lol. U think Ronda has been rich all her life? Phone Post 3.0

Its clear that Ronda is learning enough boxing to get her within range for a clinch and takedown. Eventually she will work the skills up to do far more than that which is when things will get interesting. People will always be critics, however I don't think most people understand how driven Olympic athletes are. She will learn. As good as she is now, it is really the best time to fight her. The longer she is in, the harder she will be to beat.

Lobo8 - 
stop_it_right_meow - 

I want to see other mma guys sparring boxers. I know shogun is at wild card, i would love to see him sparr kid chocolate and some other guys there. 

Yes, why isnt there more of this????

the management at wild card allow no filming in there. They are real tough about it. sucks. 

UGSlapshot - 

If she can develop striking that's half as good as her grappling then she'll be champ for a very long time. Phone Post

Agreed

she would get eaten alive by cyborg on the feet right now.

WRESTLENOW - she would get eaten alive by cyborg on the feet right now.

I doubt it, do you train ufc?

But seriously, you can only gleam so much from how someone looks in training.

Besides I've seen a lot of sparing and she didn't look bad to me.

As far as Cyborg, nothing changes in my mind at all. She can't keep the fight standing ENOUGH to win, she can't go in and just try to maul Rousey because then she'll get taken down.

Ronda would beat Cyborg because she would get tossed and submitted.

What are the odds Cris is able to stuff everything Ronda, an olympic medalist comes at her with and knock her out?

To me it has parallels to GSP vs Diaz, not in skill but in gameplan.

Except that Ronda is a finisher and GSP isn't and cyborg has more advantages from her power than diaz did in striking.

I think the better grappler wins and that's Rhonda. Phone Post

If we take the three main ranges - standing striking - clinch - ground, Ronda can beat any women (so far) in 2 of the ranges.
She's working on standing striking and mainly has to be able t mix up her attack to create openings and enough defensive skills not to be beaten in standing striking.

The more she trains that one aspect of her game,the more dangerous she will be.

she needs to tighten up her defense

JerodR - Its clear that Ronda is learning enough boxing to get her within range for a clinch and takedown. Eventually she will work the skills up to do far more than that which is when things will get interesting. People will always be critics, however I don't think most people understand how driven Olympic athletes are. She will learn. As good as she is now, it is really the best time to fight her. The longer she is in, the harder she will be to beat.

Voted up when I get home. Good post. Phone Post

stop_it_right_meow - 

I want to see other mma guys sparring boxers. I know shogun is at wild card, i would love to see him sparr kid chocolate and some other guys there. 

I agree. It's very interesting to see. Some MMA guys are very decent boxers.

Noons vs Henry

Noons vs Henry part 2

Diaz vs Henry