Rory towers over BJ...

Bj can take rory down if he needs to. He can pass his guard also.

They will be the same hight when bj drops him Phone Post

Does anyone think Bj had a chance to win if rory can take him down easily? Will Bj be able to sub or sweep him? Or at least neutralize him so he stands back up Phone Post

GSP'eedInMyMouth - Its not the height, it's the fact Rory is a juicer, that is going to be the difference in this fight.

You dumb fucking kid lmao. Rory is a skinny kid, acne doesn't mean juice. Man I wish I could slap you in your 17 year old face. Stop fighter bashing. Phone Post

Saltyballs - Lets just be real here and say upfront that BJ's cardio is the main concern, not Rory's height. Phone Post

always is Phone Post

mr1709 - rory is 6ft bj is 5 9..not that big of a difference...only about the size of your dick

Weird thing to say... Really odd. Phone Post

Spack - 
Osbot - 
Spack - This is new school vs old school.

By saying that, I believe that Rory is on a different level than most fighters that came into the sport with a background in one or two different martial arts. It is not hard to imagine him winning against almost anyone - especially an undersized BJ. He has proven that he can do that at least in Nate, and that years ago, he already had the potential to beat truly elite welterweights, like Condit.

Granted, I am assuming he is still progressing at his predictable and rapid pace. He hasn't shown any reasons why one shouldn't.

I'm a fan of Rory's but let's be completely straight here broski.

Condit is literally the only elite level WW I would be comfortable saying that Rory could beat currently. The rest are all wrestling studs and as of yet, Rory has not shown he has the wrestling chops to prevent them from taking him down at will.

Alright, we will be frank from here on in, chum.

Rory has shown incredible poise for an athlete of his age in our young sport. He picks up on things quickly, and trains with GSP, the fighter with arguably the best MMA wrestling in the world. His potential to grow defensively and offensively in that realm is significant.

While he has not faced a real top level wrestler yet, I expect he would hold his own. Koscheck would be a great test, and I would bet on Rory.

high five

I don't disagree, I just think we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves. Rory is a great prospect but in the world of MMAfandom all too often people are quick to claim fighters as something they have yet to really prove!

Penn is not a true ww, most everyone in that division is bigger than he is Phone Post

GSP'eedInMyMouth - Its not the height, it's the fact Rory is a juicer, that is going to be the difference in this fight.

waiting for our diligent mods to enforce the TOS.

mr1709 - im actually suprised bj is 5 9..i always thought of him as being like 5'6

http://urdirt.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/841.jpg

sherk is 5 6 and they are pretty much the same height?

My guess is that BJ is around 5'7"-5'8". Phone Post

Sal Penis - LOL @ Rory outstriking BJ. Sorry but no.

Fitch is on another level than Rory and BJ beat him. Im sorry but who was Rory fought again besides holding Nate down? Phone Post

Carlos Condit...you may have heard of him. Rory gave Carlos all that he can handle. That was Rory's 2nd fight in the UFC. Relatively unknown and very young. Phone Post

flip_guard -
Sal Penis - LOL @ Rory outstriking BJ. Sorry but no.

Fitch is on another level than Rory and BJ beat him. Im sorry but who was Rory fought again besides holding Nate down? Phone Post

Carlos Condit...you may have heard of him. Rory gave Carlos all that he can handle. That was Rory's 2nd fight in the UFC. Relatively unknown and very young. Phone Post

Thing is. Rory actually had a hard time wrestling with condit at times who has horrible takedown d. Phone Post

irishman84 -
mr1709 - im actually suprised bj is 5 9..i always thought of him as being like 5'6

I dont care what the numbers are all the faggot GSP protectors up in arms over the GSP/ Silva size difference should be ashamed watching that stare-down. BJ was DWARFED by Rory and he still does not give one fuck!

Thank You!!! Well fucking said my friend. WAR FUCKING BJ!!!! Phone Post

GoldMedaLInTapping(R) - 
irishman84 -
mr1709 - im actually suprised bj is 5 9..i always thought of him as being like 5'6

I dont care what the numbers are all the faggot GSP protectors up in arms over the GSP/ Silva size difference should be ashamed watching that stare-down. BJ was DWARFED by Rory and he still does not give one fuck!

Thank You!!! Well fucking said my friend. WAR FUCKING BJ!!!! Phone Post

can't help but acknowkledge this truth. There are not many BJ Penns in the sport......it will be a sad day when he retires.

i don't think that was a the point he was making suess he was saying bj doesn't care about fighting bigger guys

yellow's Willin - Rory was probably wearing 1.5 inch heels on his GQ shoes while BJ was most likely wearing sandals. They should be a bit closer in height in the octagon. Phone Post

I think Rory has GQ platform feet lol Phone Post

If Roy Nelson can KO Stefan Struve then no one needs to worry if BJ can reach Rory's chin.

Whambo -
GSP'eedInMyMouth - Its not the height, it's the fact Rory is a juicer, that is going to be the difference in this fight.

waiting for our diligent mods to enforce the TOS.

irishman84 - 

The difference being that Rory called out a guy in his own division. Whether that guy is smaller or not is irrelevant, because that guy chooses to fight in a "bigger" class because he doesnt want to cut the weight to go to the next class down.

Anderson called out a guy in a smaller weight class. Anderson also refuses to fight Jones for the same reason that GSP doesn't want to fight him.