Rose Namajunas vs Mackenzie Dern

Rose Namajunas just shocked the world again with an incredible head kick over Zhang Weili. Proving she has incredible power and is one of the best straw weight fighters of all time. Mackenzie Dern has overcome all adversity and is steadily climbing the rankings. Ranked at #6 right now Mackenzie possesses unique skills on the ground. Her striking has improved and she might be able to pose a serious problem for the champion.

Is Mackenzie the one to take the title from Rose Namajunas?

1 Like

No

1 Like

Season 2 No GIF by Paramount+

1 Like

What happened to that Tatiana chick? The wrestler with big feet

3 Likes

The combined UFC record of opponents Dern has beat is 20-31 and she has missed weight three times.

4 Likes

Esparza is the obvious fight to make. Great story behind it and Esparza is coming off a big win.

1 Like

Mackenzie can do it, for sure.

1 Like

Jesus. Hell no.

What the hell have you seen out of Dern that makes her a big contender? She never looked great before and has gotten much better after the kid but still…Rose by KO/TKO.

1 Like

Carla has a real shot at beating Rose.

Dern does not. She will get lit up.

1 Like

I think at this point no, but if she keeps improving, it would be a possibility and surely she’d have a chance.

Her striking is creeping up a bit at a time. She needs to keep at it and she can beat rose in a year or 2. She has an almost rousey like ground advantage over most of these ladies

1 Like

I feel like Rose will probably retire before Dern gets to the top, at any rate.

She seems to have been halfway out a couple times already. Another couple big paydays and I think she is gone.

1 Like

She’s been out due to a back injury.

Last interview she did was with Ariel about 3 weeks ago she stated she plans to fight at 125 lbs for her next few fights. She wants a shot at Valentina.

2 Likes

Evil Eye No GIF

1 Like

Well let us hope she can string together that 1 fight win streak the UFC requires for any WMMA title shot.

5 Likes

Lol, with a talent pool that’s in the current WMMA landscape she may get Valentina right out of the gate. I would personally much rather see Tatiana fight her than the chick that eeked out a horrible decision last weekend.

2 Likes

Dern has been working her striking a lot and has proven to be tough as hell, but she’s levels below Rose on the feet, but if she gets anyone on the ground (which I don’t think she can to Rose) it’s game over.

Matchup wise, it’s still terrible for Dern. Probably the worst of the top women in that division. Her best matchup is Andrade.

1 Like

1 Like

McKenzie is a winner. Maybe she has a better shot than we think.

A lot of pressure could win her a decision unless she gets caught

2 Likes

I haven’t seen them side by side but wouldn’t Dern be gigantic compared to Rose?

1 Like