Rose opens up on trauma from Conor's bus attack

Mr Spliff -

Can’t imagine why Rose doesn’t post here anymore....

either can I with all the simp for fighter saddos . they don't give a fuck about what some forum twats say espically the limp wristed m'ladys

![Pat Barry recalls battles with addiction, hurting Rose Namajunas' career, and getting sober - MMA Fighting](upload://xw5rtIrXlhvGUFGawiNEorFIucE.jpeg)

1 Like
TzTinkle - What a weirdo,a drunken irishman throwing a cart at your bus traumatized you?

OK, I feel she is a tad too fragile but, she did mention she was RELIEVED when she understood it was Conor. Inside the bus, most didn’t seem to understand who was attacking them at first, and that can be troubling.

And she went on to win her bout anyway so I feel we criticize her too much ha ha. I know I did back in the day. Someone calling herself “Thug” should handle chaos better, but whatever.

![UFC 237: Why Rose Namajunas should be commended for taking on the most difficult challenge available to her - CBSSports.com](upload://68QrKiCEfg12uMf8pxRT3elocFE.jpeg)

OMG, what a friggin snowflake. When I was a teenager, shit like that happened every weekend lol

Sprawl'n'Stall - 
TzTinkle - What a weirdo,a drunken irishman throwing a cart at your bus traumatized you?

OK, I feel she is a tad too fragile but, she did mention she was RELIEVED when she understood it was Conor. Inside the bus, most didn’t seem to understand who was attacking them at first, and that can be troubling.

And she went on to win her bout anyway so I feel we criticize her too much ha ha. I know I did back in the day. Someone calling herself “Thug” should handle chaos better, but whatever.

Yeah. It’s weird how people leave out that she won a 5 round war with JJ that weekend. They act like she packed up her shit and went home.

BringBackHeadbutts - 

I'm a fan of Rose and Trevor and Pat. 

Not everyone is the same and you just have to appreciate them for who they are.  Rose in my opinion is a great example of someone who lacked confidence, at times still lacks confidence, but she is able to muster up courage to fight the demons that are her fears.  

She's surrounded herself with good people in Trevor Whitman and Pat Barry who truly have her best interest at heart and have not only molded her into one helluva fighter, but how they help her in the technical aspects they also seem to be big factors on focusing on her mental state to make sure she trains like she should and come fight night she fights like she should. 

The fact her journey didn't seem to be easy I think makes it all the more special but I completely understand it's not normal for most champions to be so open about things they fear so I get the comments but I just appreciate how she fights and leaves it all out there.

Good post.

Only Rose knows how she feels and I appreciate her honesty. Further, she is clearly a badass for what she does in the cage, so I’m not going to shit on her for her fears.

I’m sure plenty of people who are shitting on her here are hypocrites with their own irrational fears.

Ministry of Truth - 
BringBackHeadbutts - 

Not everyone is the same and you just have to appreciate them for who they are.  Rose in my opinion is a great example of someone who lacked confidence, at times still lacks confidence, but she is able to muster up courage to fight the demons that are her fears.  

She's surrounded herself with good people in Trevor Whitman and Pat Barry who truly have her best interest at heart and have not only molded her into one helluva fighter, but how they help her in the technical aspects they also seem to be big factors on focusing on her mental state to make sure she trains like she should and come fight night she fights like she should. 

The fact her journey didn't seem to be easy I think makes it all the more special but I completely understand it's not normal for most champions to be so open about things they fear so I get the comments but I just appreciate how she fights and leaves it all out there.

Good post.

Only Rose knows how she feels and I appreciate her honesty. Further, she is clearly a badass for what she does in the cage, so I’m not going to shit on her for her fears.

I’m sure plenty of people who are shitting on her here are hypocrites with their own irrational fears.

People also have messed up definitions of fragility.

Rose isn’t out getting in streetfights, she’s not driving drunk, she’s not snorting coke instead of training. Yet when fighters do those things, they aren’t accused of being fragile.

1 Like
wiggum - 
Ministry of Truth - 
BringBackHeadbutts - 

Good post.

People also have messed up definitions of fragility.

Rose isn’t out getting in streetfights, she’s not driving drunk, she’s not snorting coke instead of training. Yet when fighters do those things, they aren’t accused of being fragile.

Agreed.

Rose won the belt when she was only a couple years older than the youngest to ever do it, Jon Jones. If the worst thing she has done is express trauma about being trapped in a bus that had its window smashed out while being surrounded by an angry mob, she’s doing OK. :wink:

Im not a big fan of WMMA these days, but she’s been open before about having some sort of abusive or traumatic history. In light of that and the fact that she’s female, I don’t think her comments were overly emotional or irrational. Im sure anyone on the bus who wasn’t aware of their approach had that split second moment where they were sure if something much bigger was happening. And its fair to feel like as an accomplished pro fighter whos making decent money that you shouldn’t have to be put in ghetto, dangerous situations. She wasn’t raving or anything. And yes, I know she’s not going to fuck me.

shes awesome

hope she gets a wig sponsor

2 Likes
ranier wolfcastle - 

shes awesome

hope she gets a wig sponsor

LOL Thought you meant BIG

It seems ridiculous but things like this are so individually relative to that person and their life experience as a whole.  I cant say anything negative about it.  Facing my own demons (and really struggling with it) and by all accounts, mine included, there is no reason for me to even have demons.

Life is weird.

I mean, being a little defenseless kid growing up in the hood could possibly leave some trauma.  If that was her situation.

Bartholomew P Skibbenheims III - 

It seems ridiculous but things like this are so individually relative to that person and their life experience as a whole.  I cant say anything negative about it.  Facing my own demons (and really struggling with it) and by all accounts, mine included, there is no reason for me to even have demons.

Life is weird.

good post.

1 Like
BringBackHeadbutts -

Good post!

william795 -

I mean, being a little defenseless kid growing up in the hood could possibly leave some trauma.  If that was her situation.

She was sexually abused as a kid, I would assume that's enough to cause some trauma no matter where you grew up.

Joshinho -
william795 -

She was sexually abused as a kid, I would assume that's enough to cause some trauma no matter where you grew up.

Yeah... that would do it too

Hope she never talks about this again. Makes it really hard to like her.

"Women are just as strong as men."

![](upload://jW1pc1HV6Ugrc5tUQq5xlfMcJ2C.gif)

"Women are just as brave as men."

![](upload://fn8vVLW7M3dRy75Vz549VVUPox0.gif)

"Women are just as mentally strong as men."

![](upload://yJ1fCoLdSAkGtVpnNh3dOr4UhoO.gif)

8 Likes