Rothwell as viable opponent for Cain?

Rothwell will beat Cain with size and takedown D. Cain is too small to fight MMA at HW. This isn't wrestling.

LOL!

Rothwell will be about 270lbs and will beat Cain.

What the hell has Cain done that is so damn impressive?

TKO'ing O'Brien whose only decent win is a decision over an injured Heath Herring, finishing 5-3 Stojnic & 9-4 Brad Morris?

Out wrestled Chuck Kongo to a decision who clinched and initiated the wrasslin after rocking him standing several times? He pretty much did to Kongo what Roy did to Kimbo without getting lit up, but it's amazing when a mean mugging muscular guy with tatts out positions/controls someone I guess?

As I said Cain sure does have potential, but against monsters like Brock and Carwin, hard hitting prospects like Duffee & Dos Santos and last but not least wily veterans like a rejuvenated Nog, I don't see Cain getting near the belt for a long time.

Rothwell was never IFL champ, he had a contract dispute prior to the org crowning champs. Roy Nelson was their only champ. Ben's got a rough road ahead of him but for someone to think he has no chance is just ridiculous.

I agree Cain probably won't get past any of those guys. But Rothwell sucks. There I said it.

Rothwell is going to end the cain hype.

Cain looked like shit against the polish guy and looked like shit against cheik congo.

Rothwell has about a puncher's chance. But since two HARD right hands directly of the chin from cup Cheick couldn't even knock Cain down all the way, I seriously doubt Big Ben will be able to do much.

Cain will quickly wear down Ben with the pace that he pushes. Rothwell will be pretty much gassed by the end of the 1st round and Cain will still be fresh and ready to go 4 more rounds if he had to.

People are letting their hatred of his brown pride tattoo distort their view of this fight. Ben Rothwell will only be in this fight for the first half if that, then he's done.

if you dont see anything impressive in Cain, you must not know what you are looking at.

Oh the good ol race card, wondered when we'd see that, struggling to argue with facts about Cains fight history and pulled your ace out the sleeve. The quip I made about his tatts didn't indicate any kind of bias, it was more having a jab at homoerotic fanboyism. I'm no fan or hater of Rothwell or Cain. I actually think in time Cain has probably more of a chance of getting nearer the top of the division than Rothwell.

My opinion is based purely on watching them fight and how I think they match up. Specifically that Rothwell is more well rounded and has a heap more experience.

Kongo didn't knock him down because instead of following up with his punches, he had a brain fart and clinched.

I Like Turtles - Name suits you bro.

noob calling out a noob. funny shit

ajl416az - if you dont see anything impressive in Cain, you must not know what you are looking at.

As you've shown in the past, you can't even read threads properly. I doubt your ability to analyse MMA is any better.

AlbertEinstein - Rothwell has about a puncher's chance. But since two HARD right hands directly of the chin from cup Cheick couldn't even knock Cain down all the way, I seriously doubt Big Ben will be able to do much.

Cain will quickly wear down Ben with the pace that he pushes. Rothwell will be pretty much gassed by the end of the 1st round and Cain will still be fresh and ready to go 4 more rounds if he had to.

People are letting their hatred of his brown pride tattoo distort their view of this fight. Ben Rothwell will only be in this fight for the first half if that, then he's done.

LOL i dont give a fuck about a brown pride tattoo.

The guy so far has looked like Carmelo Marrero 2.0.

Yeah I know. Cain totally looked like shit while completely dominating Cheick Kongo for 15 minutes straight, still looking fresh after the fight and displaying a chin of granite in the process. Jesus, why can't the guy be a little more impressive?

bam57bam - 
I Like Turtles - Name suits you bro.

noob calling out a noob. funny shit

and another noob pointing it out, it's like the planets are aligned or some shit!

I Like Turtles - Oh the good ol race card, wondered when we'd see that, struggling to argue with facts about Cains fight history and pulled your ace out the sleeve. The quip I made about his tatts didn't indicate any kind of bias, it was more having a jab at homoerotic fanboyism. I'm no fan or hater of Rothwell or Cain. I actually think in time Cain has probably more of a chance of getting nearer the top of the division than Rothwell.

My opinion is based purely on watching them fight and how I think they match up. Specifically that Rothwell is more well rounded and has a heap more experience.

Kongo didn't knock him down because instead of following up with his punches, he had a brain fart and clinched.

I didn't mention race, I mentioned his tattoo. Other people associate it with race. I wasn't even talking about you. I was talking about the fact that every time Cain fights somebody creates the same thread and we see the same complaints about the same tattoo over and over. Maybe you don't care about his tattoo, but it's obvious a lot of people do.

Ace out of my sleeve? Whatever. My post stands with out that one sentence in it. Rothwell will not be able to keep up with the pace that Cain pushes, and he can push that pace all day long. No they aren't facts. Neither is anything in your post. They are opinions. But I'm very confident in mine and I will be backing it up by betting heavy on Cain, unless Ben shows up at the weigh-ins with a 6 pack or something.

And Cheick didn't follow up the punches, not because he chose to clinch. He did make the mistake of initiating the clinch later in that fight, but not after landing clean on Cain's chin. He had no chance to go to the clinch. After he hit those shots, Cain immediately recovered and went for the double leg and took him down. And I mean immediately. I was amazed how fast Cain recovered from those shots. I mean his legs gave out, and then he was right back in there a split second later, before he could even hit the ground. His conditioning is just too good for Kongo, and it will be too much for Rothwell.

People supposedly letting their hatred of a brown pride tattoo isn't mentioning race?

You weren't referring to me, but just after I posted a quip about tatts and I believe the only comment about a tattoo in the thread and am one of the most vocal posters arguing against you, well it would appear so.

No one mentioned anything about the tatt pissing them off in this thread, just because some people have an issue with it and other threads are made about it there was really no reason to bring it up when we are discussing the ins and outs of the fights and nothing more. It was an ace out of your sleeve in that it was attempt to "win the thread by derailing and scare people off".

I don't deny you to your opinion on how Cain will go in the fight but bringing up the tatt crap and obfuscating the thread with the race card is just lame. Don't try and play dumb and act like you don't know what you were doing.

Well you can believe what you want. I love it when other people tell me what my thought process was when I said something. It was really more of a joke, but I'm sure ace out of my sleeve sounds more catchy. Go on. Tell me more about my thought processes please. I don't understand them enough myself.

Cain dominates Ben.

I think Cain was a little reckless charging straight forward at Kongo and going for the takedown, without setting anything up, but hey it worked well for him.

If by laying on him you mean punching and kneeing and elbowing Kongo while he was turtling in the center of the octagon, and going to mount probably half a dozen times, and almost finishing him at the end of round 3, then yes I agree. He "laid" on him.

AlbertEinstein - Well you can believe what you want. I love it when other people tell me what my thought process was when I said something. It was really more of a joke, but I'm sure ace out of my sleeve sounds more catchy. Go on. Tell me more about my thought processes please. I don't understand them enough myself.

Cain dominates Ben.

I could be a smart ass on a forum and point out how you using AlbertEinstein as a sn is like a sad parody of your intellect but can't we just meet for a fight, shirtless bareknuckle style?

I'm feeling adventurous, something different than a Dairy Queen, maybe we could throwdown at a Taco Bell since this is over a Mexican?