Rousey: I got stiffed by 1st apparel sponsor

Betwithme -
cool hand Ed - The timing and her wording of this reeks of Dana or Lorenzo going to Rhonda and asking her to speak out in support of the Reebok deal publicly due to all the negative criticism in the past couple weeks.

I'm not saying I know shit. I'm just suspicious.
Wow...she's talking about it because it just launched and reporters are asking her opinion of it. Holy cow you better be a troll or I worry for your kids. Phone Post 3.0
Why would she have anything negative to say about her experience with Reebok? You don't need to "toe the company line" when they roll out the red carpet for you. Compared to how it was for women acquiring and dealing with sponsors when she first started, I'm sure she feels like a pretty pretty princess the was they are bending over backwards trying to please her. Phone Post 3.0

Betwithme - 
cool hand Ed - The timing and her wording of this reeks of Dana or Lorenzo going to Rhonda and asking her to speak out in support of the Reebok deal publicly due to all the negative criticism in the past couple weeks.

Wow...she's talking about it because it just launched and reporters are asking her opinion of it. Holy cow you better be a troll or I worry for your kids. Phone Post 3.0

I merely say I'm suspicious and you insult me by saying that you worry for my kids? And I'm the troll?

whatever dude

Any other fighter says they got ripped off by a sponsor and people come out to defend the fighter like it's their own mother's life on the line.

But Rousey says it and people claim she's a sell out just hyping the new UFC deal.

Come on people, where is all the outrage at low fighter pay and companies exploiting fighters? Just because it's Rousey you don't care about that anymore? LOL Hypocrites.

Spinning Shit - 
Betwithme -

Why would she have anything negative to say about her experience with Reebok? You don't need to "toe the company line" when they roll out the red carpet for you. Compared to how it was for women acquiring and dealing with sponsors when she first started, I'm sure she feels like a pretty pretty princess the was they are bending over backwards trying to please her. Phone Post 3.0

Well, you misread it, in my opinion. She's not just talking about "her experience"(your words). She doesn't say "I". She says "they". She IS talking about the other fighters.

Rousey: "but the more they win the more, they make and they can get their individual deals as well"

She's absolutely talking about how the other fighters should be happy here because if they win more they make more money. Not herself.

So, she is defending the Reebok deal(which benefits her nicely, and not necessarily other fighters).

Betwithme - 

So what if they asked her? It's not like she is going to tell the truth. If the product really stank (Arguably it does), she still would be giving the same answer.

The answer she gave seemed prepared and rehearsed. It's not a stretch to make such an observation. Wow... ?? lol

If the UFC actually wanted to protect fighters from their sponsors, they could have implemented an escrow system that required pre-payment by sponsors.  Funds would only be released after the fight to protect sponsors from last-minute drops.  There is no money in it for the UFC, with this system.

Stupidnewbie - 

If the UFC actually wanted to protect fighters from their sponsors, they could have implemented an escrow system that required pre-payment by sponsors.  Funds would only be released after the fight to protect sponsors from last-minute drops.  There is no money in it for the UFC, with this system.

Get that professional business thinking out of here, we're busy reading the star endorsment!

jujubre - So she was getting 9000 $ for her first fights (even if she did not get it) and she found normal that reebok give 2500$ for first fight.

Or is it just that she care only about herself. Phone Post 3.0
Are you an idiot? 2500 that you get is far better than being promised 9k and not getting it. Of course there are some serious issues with the reebok deal but your post was idiotic. Phone Post 3.0

Spinning Shit - 
Soul Gravy - My cod. She's like Jewel with this living in the car bit.
Fuck you faggot.

Jewel lived in a van. Phone Post 3.0

yeah every since she said on opie and jim or howard stern or whatever show it was during the book tour that she lived in her car for less than 48 hours I have wondered about that.  We have people on the OG forum living in their car for over a month and posting every day as of right now.  Either way, respect to ronda and she earned everything she has, good for her.

couldn't she sued trauma then have them pay her court fee's. i thought that is how shit worked?

The Sultan -
TexasBadAss - I bet there are tons of low level fighters who got stiffed and never came out because its humiliating fighting for 10k Phone Post 3.0
Humiliating?

Some entry level guys would kill for 10K Phone Post 3.0
No talking about UFC fighters that fought on undercards. Get paid little while expecting sponsorship money. Everybody assumed they made good money from these sponsors like trauma. Then the check never came and you end up fighting for the small amount UFC paid you. Wasn't talking about small show guy. Phone Post 3.0

Betwithme - 
Yussarian -
Betwithme - 

So what if they asked her? It's not like she is going to tell the truth. If the product really stank (Arguably it does), she still would be giving the same answer.

The answer she gave seemed prepared and rehearsed. It's not a stretch to make such an observation. Wow... ?? lol
She's making 40grand per fight. Why wouldn't she be happy? She's telling a true story of how other sponsors have screwed her. What the hell is fishy about that? Why can't she be happy with reebok? They pay her well. Phone Post 3.0

That is why I said, "IF" the product sucks, she's not going to tell the truth. It's a bit naieve to think she's going to provide actual feedback during a press event regarding the sponsor she's referring to.

It's not outlandish to think that this is spin, but at the same time, that doesn't mean the deal isn't good for Ronda individually. Nothing to get outraged about.

Tru -
Spinning Shit - 
Soul Gravy - My cod. She's like Jewel with this living in the car bit.
Fuck you faggot.

Jewel lived in a van. Phone Post 3.0

yeah every since she said on opie and jim or howard stern or whatever show it was during the book tour that she lived in her car for less than 48 hours I have wondered about that.  We have people on the OG forum living in their car for over a month and posting every day as of right now.  Either way, respect to ronda and she earned everything she has, good for her.

Seriously? She slept in her car for 2 days and equates that to living in a car? That's fucking retard logic.

When I was traveling in Costa Rica I was low on funds and could barely afford chicken and rice (basically the cheapest thing you could eat). Guess I know what it's like to barely scrape by unable to feed myself..... Oh the struggle Phone Post 3.0

I can understand why she'd be pissed, but her approach was kinda dumb considering all the money she left on the table. Wtf cares about Trauma MMA, there are a lot of reputable companies that would have paid her handsomely, and she could have built an exclusive partnership with one of the major sponsors. Something tells me XBOX wouldn't have fucked her over.

Stupidnewbie - 

Exactly. This should be the narrative or idea floated in the media. Not the sponsor tax, or now, the Reebok deal.

Wasn't she sponsored by Clinch Gear in Strikeforce? Phone Post 3.0

jujubre - So she was getting 9000 $ for her first fights (even if she did not get it) and she found normal that reebok give 2500$ for first fight.

Or is it just that she care only about herself. Phone Post 3.0

For her first title fight in SF

THE_REAL_AMERICAN - 

Changing my screen name to "1st apparel sponsor"

giggity !

FINALLY!! VTFU

MMA fighters talk more about their pay, and sponsorship money than any other sport. It's ingrained into the culture.

I know there's been an influx of the money talk since the Reebok deal, but at some point turn the page. I honestly hope these fighters get paid what they are worth, they deserve every penny and more in my estimation. But it detracts from the actual competitive aspect of MMA, and that's primarily what interests me.

If talking about the money to let us the fans know, had an effect on them getting paid more, I'd be all for it. But if their voice isn't heard in regards to money, the shit we say has no effect.

It's shitty Ronda got stiffed, she earned that money. And for her the Reebok deal is going to pay dividens, deservedly so. But everything I've seem to read about the deal, a few are going to prosper and a lot are going to get fucked.

I wish there was a happy medium to put this all to rest. It appears though that won't be the case, not even with this Reebok deal.

This is exactly what happened. Those aren't her words, that's not how she talks. This is just puke on puke. Regurgitated shit produced from the rhetoric and propaganda department at Zuffa HQ. Phone Post 3.0