Royce Gracie Private Signing

Today we did a last minuter private signing with Royce Gracie.  Royce was really cool and very social.  Just thought I would share bits of the conversation. 

**Royce mentioned that he is NOT fighting on the UFC Rio Card.

**Sakuraba was his toughest opponent ever.

**I asked if it was mandatory for a Gracie to train Jiu Jitsu, he said no, but it is expected. 

**Royce believes if you are a black belt you must compete in Jiu Jitsu Tournaments.

**Plans to open his very own Academy in the future.

When asked about Pride Fight Used Gloves- He said immediately after his Pride Fights, that a DSE official would approach fighters and remove and keep most of the gloves (Royce got around this by passing off the gloves to one of his team mates, then playing dumb). 

I asked what did DSE do with the gloves and if DSE sold them.  He said no, and that the reason this was done by DSE was because it was "alleged" that when Cro Cop knocked out Bob Sapp and broke his eye socket. Bob Sapp claimed that he felt that Cro Cops gloves were modified or something was placed inside the glove.  From then on, DSE would confiscate and inspect the gloves...(it could be that Cro Cop just punches like a mule).

Royce said he has all his gis in original condition with blood and all from his UFC fights.  He also said that back when, he used to hand out Seg 1, 2 and 3 posters to all his friends and anyone who asked.   

Royce also said that MMA would be an olympic sport before Jiu Jitsu.

Just thought I share some of that with you guys.

Thanks,

Jesse 

^That's pretty cool..what did you guys have him sign? Phone Post

He had him sign:

Pride FC Ouano Gloves

Pride Program from 2000

UFC Event Gloves

UFC Non Event Gloves

UFC Belt (sold)

High res Photos of him receiving the UFC 1 winers check and various other photox 11 by 14

Cool!!

What are the prices on that stuff? Phone Post

What are you looking for? 

Maybe one of the high res photos. Phone Post

Damn I need three pics signed by him.I would have paid you.

Some of the high res photos have inspcriptions:

"I built this house"

"Gracie Jiu Jitsu"

"Ufc 1 Winner"

ricksongjj - Damn I need three pics signed by him.I would have paid you.

Sorry bro, last minute signing.  And he happened to be available today.

Thats cool.Would love to see the pics you got.

Here are the photos:  I did not set up the whole camera layout.  I just took some quick ones for you guys to check out.

http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd397/fightermemorabilia/

Jesse

Nice photos! I love the one of Rickson holding him up and the ring entrance shot.

Too bad RIckson is in Brasil...Going to have to wait till the Pan-Ams or Worlds again.

You never know,he's in the US more than you think.

I want one of the photos! Also Rix is correct, Rickson is in the US more than people know ;)

Hit me up.

Not sure why people have Royce and other guys sign UFC belts when they never held them.

As for the gloves, DSE did sell them. They are sitting in a rubbermaid, labeled, in a storage unit in Japan.

My guess is cuzz there is nuttin psychical from that time period to get his sig on. Phone Post

PTSandman - Not sure why people have Royce and other guys sign UFC belts when they never held them.

As for the gloves, DSE did sell them. They are sitting in a rubbermaid, labeled, in a storage unit in Japan.

Good question I dont know either...This was a specific request for a customer of mine in Japan?  Who knows...All he said was "Royce is this man."  I think he meant to say "Royce is the man."

I know you like to keep your prices private, so message me the prices of any of the high-res photos you have left if you still have 'em bud.