Royce Pictures

from the picture, looks like ROyce wanted to punish Yoshida more then submit, because look at the arm of Yoshida's extended, cound have been an easy armbar from the mount

nevermind.... there's about 3 other threads w/ them now

This was my thought even before the pics...

Royce hates Yoshida

edited

nah, thats Royce's gi pants

DUDE, YOU ARE SO RIGHT. I'M SURE YOSHIDA HAD NO IDEA THAT HIS ARM WAS STICKING STRAIGHT UP AND THAT ROYCE MIGHT TRY TO GO FOR AN ARMLOCK. IT'S NOT LIKE THAT'S SOMETHING THAT HIS CORNERMAN TEACHES PEOPLE TO GET OUT OF THE MOUNT OR ANYTHING.

Tim Link is correct.

Thats Mizuno Gi i think - Yoshida wears

Linkage, it could go either way... I thought that too.

But Royce seems to always go for submission and since he's not a big striker that's how he would have to finish.

Who knows?

yes it is mizuno

Advanced BKJ: I would assume Royce considered Yoshida's ploy of leaving his arm out and didn't want to possibly lose position.

That, and, as MIKE AT RGTV stated, he probably had a desire to land punches on him a bit as well.

agreed...

Rickson mentioned this same thing when he fought Takada and that's why he waited until there was only a few seconds left in the round before he went for the armbar.

So, since Royce won, are people going to buy Adidas/Atama gi's now instead of Mizuno?

if Atama is lucky

"In dis fight, da Gracie brother shows no mercy to the judo representative."

lmao @ Johnny99

Why's everybody congratulating Royce for a draw?

I'm happy for Royce because...

- Yoshida had a 30 lbs weight advantage.

- Yoshida has great World class grappling skills. He is an Olympic Gold Medalist! And an elite athlete!

- Royce's physical build is that of an ordinary man. He is all heart and technique.

- Royce got cheated on his pervious fight by Yoshida and the refs.

- Royce did not go for the finish, he went to Japan to punish Yoshida.