Royces Jui-jitsu?

Nowinfuspeed,

That is really a long time ago. Not to mention skill difference of today.

Kinda like comparing apples and french fries.....Well...sorta.

Glenn

"Royce is not really that athletic, his style is suited to surviving against bigger guys. I would rather have his tactics for Vale Tudo than someone like Garcia. Things change when you are getting clocked."

thats a pretty fair assesment.

now, discounting Matt Hughes's RNC loss to BJ Penn, the only other submission losses that i can remember are to Dennis Hallman (climbing armlock, i think) and then even though he went on to slam his way out, he got caught in Carlos Newton's triangle.

i believe that this is Royce's only chance to win. a submission from the guard. he has good climbing armlock/triangle attacks but Hughes is probably too seasoned now to get caught in that again. (also Hallman/Newton are far more athletic and aggressive in their Guard Attacks) Hughes will most likely not get swept and Royce will most definitely look to fight out of his guard. he loses the stand up and takedown fight, the guard is his only chance. otherwise i see this turning into a repetitive and brutal GnP where Royce takes punishment by refusing to quit.

he beat ricco,sanchez then lost to Jacare. xande beat him for third