Royler dominated on the ground

why? just why?

How can someone that was at the top of the grappling world 4 years ago not learn some of the new grappling guard, pass, etc (such as Aoki).

It seems that the basics stilll allowe you to be competitif in 2006 but to be dominant you need more than them.

this thread is not a critic. I am myself a basic Bjjer (in a sence that i do not learn the last sweep and last gogoplata coming right from Brasil)....

Just a thread to discuss this. and also are Japanase better at submission grappling than Brasilian..
it seems so.

It seems that the level of Japanese MMA has overtaken the brazilian level.

Aoki is a hybrid Judo/BJJ guy.. he has the best of both worlds. He is arguably the best submission guy in MMA right now.

Are u referrig to a recent result here or just hating on?

oups...sorry if it is a spoiler...feel free to delete!!!!!!!!!!

"Just a thread to discuss this. and also are Japanase better at submission grappling than Brasilian.. it seems so."

As far as I'm aware no Japanese has won at ADCC which is basically dominated by the Brazilians every year.

no hating..just a question:

has royler ever won an mma fight?

"As far as I'm aware no Japanese has won at ADCC which is basically dominated by the Brazilians every year."

What are you smoking man? Sanae Kikuta was an ADCC champ.

Plus this is not about pure grappling, it's about MMA grappling.

armbarcrashdummy, Sanae Kikuta won his weight class in ADCC a few years ago.

"has royler ever won an mma fight?"

Yes against Yuhi Sano in Pride. I think he also one fight in Heroes as well recently.

and also ADCC is not pure grappling. It is not because it is the biggest tournament in the world that we should accept their rule like the only one possible.

Pure grappling is going to the submission.

we need some new event that would showcase real submission fighters such as Aoki or Marcelo Garcia.

OK. My bad, I did forget about Kikuta.

Any other Japanese ADCC champs?

"Just a thread to discuss this. and also are Japanase better at submission grappling than Brasilian.. it seems so."

The OP didn't say MMA grappling there. He said Sub Wrestling.

"and also ADCC is not pure grappling."

WTF?

"Pure grappling is going to the submission."

Umm. Roger Gracie ADCC 2005.

dominated? funny I could have sworn he also passed guard AND had mount himself. Hardly sounds like domination. Oh and Royler sure didnt get dominated in the closing seconds either.

Good win for tokoro but lol at this thread title.

You must be the butt hurt french guy who dont like the gracies huh?

i actually love the gracie...and i am a BJJer...so STFU you hater

^^^^lol! jujubre has mastered the intricacies of ug english.

If you are talking about Tokoro, he has been working with De La Riva.