Royler moving to San Diego?

I heard a rumor that Royler Gracie is moving to San Diego and may either be teaching at Saulo's place or opening his own studio in San Diego county near the coast. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

If true i predict a pilgrimage.

^ Like lots of MMA-fans/fighters don't already live here in San Diego?

saulo jacrae diego already in that room
lot of skill

wreckker - saulo jacrae diego already in that room lot of skillThat much skill under one roof is sick. I was told that they (Royler & Saulo) were kicking around opening an academy in Del Mar. I may be moving to Carlsbad and I believe Del Mar isn't too far down the coast from there. That would be nice!!

Royler would be smart not to go to san diego(which is saturated already with bjj talent) and go somewhere that could use world class bjj instruction.

dcvillain - Royler would be smart not to go to san diego(which is saturated already with bjj talent) and go somewhere that could use world class bjj instruction.

Royler could go anywhere and do well I'm sure

I am sure as well, but there are many places, even in the US, that could still benefit from someone like Royler setting up shop there.

Wa Grappler - 
dcvillain - Royler would be smart not to go to san diego(which is saturated already with bjj talent) and go somewhere that could use world class bjj instruction.

Royler could go anywhere and do well I'm sure
Except for San Diego in my honest opinion...  Wayyyyyy too many TOP ;level instructors there to be the new kid on the block and expect to make money!

Bad idea for him to try an open a school in that market.

Maybe he just wants to surf ?

Sooo many top JJ schools in San Diego...

Im training with the best.

zawi

what are the top five schools in SD?

ttt

When it comes to competition training and high level sparring partners I don´t know.

But from technically detailed training and explainations Roy Harris is the man to go to.

Take care

Björn Friedrich

It's true. Check out http://thefightworkspodcast.com/ for a new interview with Royler.

ttt

There's already a Gracie in San Diego too, Clark Gracie, son of Carley Gracie. The amount of instructors in San Diego is insane now!. Fabio Santos is the OG of teaching in San Diego producing the likes of Dean Lister (although Dean got his blk belt from Higgs), Jeff Higgs, Jocko Willink, James Nielson, etc..he's the one that got it all started here paving the way for everyone else.

www.throwdownsandiego.com

Spoke to Royler this week. He is living in San Diego. He will doing seminars around the country. If you are interested shoot me an e-mail and I will get you in touch with him.

Tapuout247@aol.com

TTT for one of the best instructors i have had the pleasure to roll with.

RGDA for life fuckas

There are far too many world class teachers in this area... It would be best for him to stick up in North County to ensure a high enrollment. Up north, there isn't much besides North County Fight Club.

In SD proper, there is Mederes (sic), Saulo and Xande's (with Diego Sanchez), Throwdown (with Lister), Undisputed (with Barret Yoshida), Brandon Vera's new place, and a new Gracie Barra place by USD. That's ignoring all the fly by night places as well or boxing gyms that have BJJ teachers (American Boxing).

The best part is I'm sure that because it's gonna have Royler's name, it'll be twice the price of the other places. Undisputed and Throwdown are easily $50 cheaper each month than the new Gracie Barra, the Ribeiro's or Menderes' place and they are all-inclusive, not just BJJ. The Brazillians charge way more in this town than everyone else. I expect him to follow suit.