Ruben Villarreal?

Just had draw  w/ Frye @ KOTC.  Been active the past few years. Any good?

He's not bad, but not particularly good either...middle of the road B level fighter IMO.

He's a "Lets sign this guy the fans will find him entertaining" kinda fighter.

More a water-cooler conversation mechanism than a threat at HW IMO.

TY Mack.  Just got home and had a message on my machine.

One of the nicest, most humble guys I've ever met in MMA,I drove him down from Coventry to Gatwick airport when he fought (and lost) to Junior in the UK on Cagewarriors.

Learnt a lot about native american indian history and pro-wrestling during the 3 hour journey with him and his manager David Huerta.

I always look out for him on the MMA news

I was under the impression the WFA was trying to compete with A level shows? Villareal is a B/C level fighter/freakshow. I do not care how "cool" he is...he has little to NO skill. Fighting in the co-main event is a fucking joke. I seriously hope not... I would much rather see Sims get beat to shit, than some fat out of shape old guy with face paint.

"I was under the impression the WFA was trying to compete with A level shows? Villareal is a B/C level fighter/freakshow. I do not care how "cool" he is...he has little to NO skill. Fighting in the co-main event is a fucking joke. I seriously hope not... I would much rather see Sims get beat to shit, than some fat out of shape old guy with face paint."

I see your point. However the WFA is stuck with very few options after KIMO got caught for cheating. Either way it will be nice to see Bas fighting again.

Is Cabbage available?

Maybe when we figure out who the replacement is ...........

...........but getting more unlikley on such short notice.

Joey e-mail/call me i'll send you video of his fight in the UK at Cage Warriors

It's probably a close to Kimo replacement. He's a wrestler and is big and strong with moderate skills. He's a somewhat dangerous KOTC opponent. This should be a good first fight back for Bas to see where he is. Bas by KO/TKO imo.

"Warpath" is a true warrior and a credit to the sport. Him and his manger are 2 of the nicest people i have ever met in the MMA game. I can't beileve people in the MMA game are slagging him off. At least he stepped up and took the fight.

On Thanksgiving weekend last year "Warpath" flew to England to fight Antonio Silva at Cage Warriors Strike Force 4 on just 3 days notice. He took everything Silva threw at him and didn't quit, until the Ref stopped the fight. To me that's the mark of a Warrior and i'll not have a bad word said against him

Good luck to him when he takes on Bas...i'm sure he'll put up a good fight

WAR Warpath !!!

the dude has a very good jaw, I've seen him take tons of strikes and just keep on coming. He's one of those in the face wear you down type of fighters, which isn't good for Bas considering his conditioning may be iffy. I really believe Bas was better off fighting Kimo or Wes due to the fact that they both have glassy jaws. May consider it, if given the right odds.

Here are some photos from X-1 when Villeareal fought Myles Tynanes to a draw.

He'll be a game oponnent, in that he will not quit.

If I wanted to watch Bas pound a far overmatched opponent, I'd put in one of his training tapes.

Totally cool guy, I seen Bobby Hoffman beat him by armbar tapout and then seen him beat a guy in Reno.

Always brings it, however not sure if he is ready for Bas?

Kimo was gonna get killed anyway. This is just a warm up for Bas. And Warpath is slightly better than Kimo. Which isnt saying much.