Rumina Sato Vs Hideo Tokoro

well this thread was more aimed at asking Ryan G or Gujin but it's open to others opinion.

Anywho me and a buddy of mine are takeing polls as to who would win if it came down to MMA or a Grappling match between Rumina and Hideo, so far this debate has carred over from the gym into home moveies of ZST,Combat Wrestling, Shooto fights. We broken it down to

Strikeing.

Speed.

Submission.

Heart.
Takedowns.

Ground control.

who do you think takes this one guys?

Is Sato still fighting?

nevermind i guess...peeps on this fourm don't know much about MMA outside the U.S

Dude, you totally shoulda put a ? in the title, you got my hopes way up. This would be an incredible fight.

Rumina is a much better wrestler and striker than Tokoro IMO.Tokoro is just crazy though.I think if it was MMA Rumina would win,just because his striking is very crisp now,and he is still a wizard on the ground.

I'd love to see this fight.

Gunjin is correct.

Sato is way better at wrestling, and striking.

Both are transitional grapplers, but I really don't think Tokoro would want to scramble with Rumina.... Rumina also has a much tighter game. Naoyuki Kotani (who is a great grappler as well) submitted him with a heelhook Rumina could do the same.

I think Imanari or Toida vs Tokoro would be a much better match than Rumina vs Tokoro.

I'd really like to see Maeda vs. Tokoro.That'd be a good fight.

There you go Wolf. Have some patience and dont be a baby.

Are any of these guys set for their next/first fight of 2006, btw?

Another fan of ZST and such weighing in.

I have to give it to Sato... While Both may be as slick and aggressive with their submissions, Sato has shown better Submission defense than Tokoro.

However, I give more of a random 'Puncher's Chance' to Tokoro to score a goofy KO. Additionally, Sato's had bad luck lately with Cuts and such, so with Tokoro's weird kicks and spinning punches, a cut may end it.

Sato, however will most likely have better KO power standing than Tokoro. He's really tightened up his striking in the last year or so.

Additionally, Sato's wrestling is just overall better than Tokoro.

Would be a great fight to watch, but Sato by Submission in the second round, just because Tokoro's defense just isn't as good as his offense.

"There you go Wolf. Have some patience and dont be a baby."

LOL sorry sometimes it's hard to get a post out of people when it comes to Japanese MMA and it's fighters.

Thanks for the replys.

rumina sato was just out in hawaii recently training at HMC...
preparing for an upcoming match against joao roque...

which, come to think of it, is kind of weird, since we're a nova uniao affiliated gym... lol

should be a great fight... :-)

"rumina sato was just out in hawaii recently training at HMC...
preparing for an upcoming match against joao roque..."

He's fighting Antonio Carvalho, not Roque.

I also agree that Rumina would submit Tokoro, but DAMN, I wanna see that shit! Fight of the year potential right there.

Toida vs. Tokoro would be insane, too. Good call on that one, Einux.

Imanari beat Tokoro in a grappling match about 3 years ago, BTW. On points. Pretty boring match, actually...

"Imanari beat Tokoro in a grappling match about 3 years ago, BTW. On points. Pretty boring match, actually..."

man thats hard to imagine. How did that one go down?

Round 1 saw Tokoro in Imanari's guard pretty much the entire round with not much happening. Imanari was, like, showing his palms to Tokoro, then the back of his hands, etc. That was about as entertaining as it got in round 1. Round 2 was a little better, with Imanari getting top position and showing some nice positioning. With about a minute left, he rolled underneath for a kneebar and somehow switched to an armbar. Pretty incredible move. Tokoro escaped, though. That was the highlight of the match.

Can't believe I'm the only one here who thinks Tokoro takes it

"sato tooled imanari in a combat wrestling match a while back"

correct me if im wrong, but unless they have had more than 1 match then Imanari hasn't exactly been "tooled" by Sato.

Sato had to scramble like crazy to get out of a toehold (or heel hook can't remember) he ended up RNC'ing Imanari though.

Yea, I've wanted to see Toida vs Tokoro for a long time. speaking of which, have you heard anything about Toida?? Haven't heard anything sice him losing to Yamamoto.

He was going to fight Hioki on the 26th (same event with the Amazon/Camarillo BJJ match), but Toida suffered a neck injury in training. Hioki's new opponent hasn't been announced yet.

Hioki/Toida would have been one hell of a fight...

"Hioki/Toida would have been one hell of a fight..."

Yea no joke, Hioki looks like he could end up being a serious contender at lightweight. Shame that fight didn't happen.