rumors re: fights on fox..

they should show the bj vs stevenson fight

then say if you can't handle this, go back to watching LIfetime or Logo you little butt pirate ass bitches

Dr Violence - They don't want blood on the mat when they go live, that doesn't necessarily mean they aren't expecting any blood to be shed (if they are expecting that, the whole thing is doomed)

It could be more of a prestige thing, a 'fresh' canvas for the televised fight

It can be distracting, before the prelims were being aired free, you'd sometimes see a big dried up bloodbath on the mat at the start of the main card and wonder wtf happened to who earlier in the night

I think this is a pretty likely scenario. I'd imagine this has more to do with a concern for professional presentation than an aversion to showing blood on Network TV.

Trust me most people can handle a little blood, it is Fitch and GSP they have to worry about.

JayF14 - 
Phil999 - 
JayF14 - I had mentioned before that before going mainstream it wouldnt be a horrible idea for someone to create a show on the origins and history of MMA all the way up to what it has progressed to today. and they could integrate the rules and some of the more popular fighters in this show. then show it a week or so before the fights.

It could be used as education for the casual or new fan. as well as to drum up some interest in the sport.

thanks for mentioning that you mentioned it before. That was very important for us.

and thank you, for everything you just added to the discussion....dip shit

call me what you like but I don't need to feed my own ego by saying "I said it first" like a school kid.

Give me another reason why you would toot your own horn like that.

What name are you going to call me now?

Phil999 - 
JayF14 - 
Phil999 - 
JayF14 - I had mentioned before that before going mainstream it wouldnt be a horrible idea for someone to create a show on the origins and history of MMA all the way up to what it has progressed to today. and they could integrate the rules and some of the more popular fighters in this show. then show it a week or so before the fights.

It could be used as education for the casual or new fan. as well as to drum up some interest in the sport.

thanks for mentioning that you mentioned it before. That was very important for us.

and thank you, for everything you just added to the discussion....dip shit

call me what you like but I don't need to feed my own ego by saying "I said it first" like a school kid.

Give me another reason why you would toot your own horn like that.

What name are you going to call me now?

if thats what you got out of what I had posted then you are thinking way too much.

assuming there is a bloody fight on the prelims, they have eevn talked about putting another mat under the top one but are not sure if the footing will be messed up so thats probably not gonna happen.

This isn't news. Dana White has said that the first part of the broadcast would be educating new fans. The fight will start about 15-20 minutes into the FOX show.

i can't believe people are actually crying about them wanting a clean matt for the match.

This isn't a rinky dink network, they don't want it looking like there have been 10 fights that were missed. it's completely understandable.

They need a double sided canvas, just lift that mother up and flip it over.

A good cage crew can have the canvas replaced in no time.Its the logos & their placement that could take additional time.