Ryan Ford just wrecked Tommy Speer

I just finished watching the TFC10 PPV from Edmonton and Ryan Ford looked really good tonight. Blew through Tommy Speer and battered him, finished with a RNC in round 1. Impressive

From what I've heard, his training with ZUMA has paid dividends and he's worked hard to improve upon the areas of his game that weren't up to par when he was fighting in the MFC. With this victory, it's possible that he might get a shot in the UFC in June, but we'll see. Regardless, it's a solid win for him and shows progress.

I thought Speer had stopped fighting.

Ryan Ford should be in the UFC

Ryan ducked Bret Bergmark to fight a guy that was semi retired. Ryan should not be in the UFC.

Will his criminal past pose any problem in getting him to the UFC?

Invaded a home and cut some dude's fingers off.

TOM666 - Invaded a home and cut some dude's fingers off.

So many other fighters, who are the complete package. Intelligent, well spoken, great fighting skills. I don't see what advantage the UFC would have for signing him?...Do they really need his negative publicity to have him fight on a few undercards?

Ray Elbe - 
TOM666 - Invaded a home and cut some dude's fingers off.

So many other fighters, who are the complete package. Intelligent, well spoken, great fighting skills. I don't see what advantage the UFC would have for signing him?...Do they really need his negative publicity to have him fight on a few undercards?
Yeah I agree. And to me, it's not even just him or his background, it's what is he doing that is so special compared to other prospects in his weight that the UFC has to have him? 

didnt he fight in Call to arms in ontario ?

A couple friends of mine competed in the MFC, neither has a good word to say about Ford or Pavelich. Bring Ford to the UFC, let him fight Paulo Thiago.

seems like quite the POS

"

Ex-football player found guilty in home invasion

Coquitlam NOW, with files from the Province

A former Tri-City Bulldogs football player was found guilty on 10 of 11 charges related to a violent home invasion in Abbotsford in 2003.

Armin Masoumi, 25, was found guilty of aggravated assault, use of a firearm while committing an indictable offence, unlawful confinement, assault, aggravated assault with a handgun, aggravated assault with a knife, pointing a firearm and being unlawfully in a house.

Masoumi, who is scheduled to be sentenced on Oct. 18, is the last of three men to be convicted in the home invasion.

Ryan Ford, also a former Bulldogs player from Coquitlam, and Xavier Monteiro of Surrey pled guilty to several offences stemming from the home invasion. Ford was sentenced to four years in jail, and Monteiro three and a half.

On Jan. 6, 2003, the three men drove to an Abbotsford home and threatened a man at gunpoint.

While Ford cut two of the man's fingers nearly off, the man's wife was assaulted as she tried to call 911. The couple's two children, then aged 10 and six, were home at the time.

"

Did he have to cheat to win again?

nostripewhite - Will his criminal past pose any problem in getting him to the UFC?

With his violent criminal conviction he would be denied entry into the United States. If he lied to get in it would make matters even worse.

I thought he looked very good lastnight to. He's definitely improved his ground game. Solid performance. Looked like he dominated every position and scramble. Great job!

As a prospect, he has potential, that's all I'm saying. When I say he should be in the UFC, I don't think that's an unfair statement based on raw talent. A lot of guys get a shot in the UFC, and he's no different. I just think he should get a shot.

And I'm not defending the legal stuff...that's a whole other ordeal. A lot of fighters have been in legal hot water, and that's up to the courts and the promoters on how they choose to deal or not to deal with that.

DamonMMAWeekly - As a prospect, he has potential, that's all I'm saying. When I say he should be in the UFC, I don't think that's an unfair statement based on raw talent. A lot of guys get a shot in the UFC, and he's no different. I just think he should get a shot.

And I'm not defending the legal stuff...that's a whole other ordeal. A lot of fighters have been in legal hot water, and that's up to the courts and the promoters on how they choose to deal or not to deal with that.

I agree. I think he should get a shot. Would be interesting to see him on the Vancouver show to see what he can do on a bigger stage.

Oh come on! We've all done stupid shit like invading a home and cutting a man's fingers off while assaulting his wife and terrorizing his children.

stevekt - Oh come on! We've all done stupid shit like invading a home and cutting a man's fingers off while assaulting his wife and terrorizing his children.

Fighters have done stupid stuff and fought in the UFC but you have to have some standards and this should be well below any reasonable standards. I mean come on this guyu is scum anyone that can do that to someone with his kids there is just a piece of trash. I'd be very disapointed to see him in the UFC or any other decent show.