Ryan Hall vs Brian Ortega

Hall has the edge on the ground but Ortega is very skilled there as well and would be tough for Hall to finish.

The real difference is in striking. Hall’s striking is entirely geared towards setting up opportunities to get the fight to the ground while Ortega is much more content with keeping the fight standing if necessary.

I think that Ortega has the skills & smarts to avoid Hall’s ground game altogether or stall him if it does hit the ground.

Ortega is getting shut down by  a high level wrestler slash black belt. I'm  a fan but fuck, it's easy to  beat him

He will neveeer    be champ. And i am a fan

BearHands - 

Ortega is getting shut down by  a high level wrestler slash black belt. I'm  a fan but fuck, it's easy to  beat him

You just described Frankie Edgar, man.

BearHands -

What? He's more likely to just knock their face smooth clean off like he did Guida and Edgard. I dont know if he can beat Holloway though

BrowBeaten -

Ryan hall eventually breaks his back from continuously flopping over and over. Doctor has to stop the fight. 

This. 

sassen -

Ortega vs khabib will happen in next 2 years. When they both dethrone the current champs. Now that would be a fight. Wrestling vs bjj 

Khabib absolutely smashes him, in my opinion.

wrong thread

Soul Gravy - Ortega is twice Hall's size.

I don’t think Hall is a 70lbr fighter. 

UFC doesn’t Even have men’s division lower than 125lb.

philippine_guolitine -

Ryan Hall fought Maynard who is a big LW and beat him. Just to put in in perspective.

Bjj defo Hall. 

Mma dunno, haven’t seen enough of Hall in mma yet to tell. He’d have a better shot than the rankings would have you believe tho.

anyone with high level bjj has a good chance of beating Ortega. Get a td, avoid the headlock, and just stay on top. His guard is nowhere near as dangerous as rogan would have you believe.

tgen again, homeboy has a way of finding a way to win. I bet heavy on Frankie, thinking he was a lock, but Ortega pulled it out

Ryan Hall is a very capable stand up fighter. He stays on his bike and kicks Ortega in the face a few times a round. Ortega has no viable way to win. 

Animal Mother -

Ryan Hall is a very capable stand up fighter. He stays on his bike and kicks Hall in the face a few times a round. Ortega has no viable way to win. 

If Ryan hall kicks his own face, Ortega has even better shot than usual at winning 

philippine_guolitine -
philippine_guolitine -

Ryan Hall fought Maynard who is a big LW and beat him. Just to put in in perspective.

“Beat him” is subjective. 

I'm not sure how to feel about all. If you have a skill that is extremely unmarketable, you won't make any money off of it. It's the same as anything else in this world. People don't enjoy watching his skill, so he will never make money from it.

He works for a private company. If I was the boss, I wouldn't give him a good fight. If he wins, it just screws up your chance of making money. It's kind of a problem of Halls own style.

Non N00B - 
philippine_guolitine -
philippine_guolitine -

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/019983faebec6d64

In no world did Ryan not beat Gray.

Ortega easy. 

Wilders of the Lost Each - 
wiggum -
Non N00B - 
philippine_guolitine -
philippine_guolitine -

Exactly.

Wilders of the Lost Each -
wiggum -
Non N00B - 
philippine_guolitine -
philippine_guolitine -

Non Noob = MmaMania.com

wiggum -
Non N00B - 
philippine_guolitine -
philippine_guolitine -

That’s not the point. It’s now who wins, it’s how you win, and you cant use that "fight’ as an example of anything at all. It was awful and nobody else is going to let it play out that way.