Sakuraba could have been all-time greatest

the reason why I confidently rank him #1 is that he was a 155 lb. guy fighting giants and he often won.

He won with style as well. He innovated a new style that could counter the 1 dimensional gracies.

his striking was very good as well relatively

Kneeblock -  If Sak had sucked down to 170, he wouldn't have been Sak and the discipline he would've had to enforce on himself would've likely led to a lot less entertaining fights that he would've lost.

Gotta completely disagree my fren...

Sak walked around at 176-182 most of his career. He wouldn't have had to cut much weight at all. It would have been easier cuts than when he was in college........

Kneeblock -  lol at 155.

Seriously

Retarded

EY I love your og posts but you're way off here Phone Post

In his prime he was 175-180

And he wasn't even CUT.

I said 155 because using just normal non intensive weight cutting he'd be 155.

He is one of the greatest regardless.

I think the fact he took crazy fights just solidifies him as one of the greatest of all time. He went out on his shield, like a true samurai. He had the way of bushido. Plus he was a crazy gambler. Phone Post

EVILYOSHIDA - In his prime he was 175-180

And he wasn't even CUT.

I said 155 because using just normal non intensive weight cutting he'd be 155.

So fedor is a 185er?

If that's the case then he is the true goat

He is anyways ... Phone Post

I am making my estimations based on the 178 number given when he fought Royce. He did not look like a big guy at all. I understand his frame might be a little too big for 155.. but there are some huge 155 guys out there. Tibau for example.

155 might be slightly extreme, but I am guessing most 155ers today are cutting from the 180 range.

Gomi for example walked around at 180 generally.

so let's just say he was a natural 170er.. it's still very impressive beating guys like Rampage, Belfort and Randleman.

dude was slaying giants.

I definitely think this aspect gives him bonus points in the GOAT race.

Like others have said, you may not agree he is the best ever.. but def. one of the best.

I personally think he's the greatest ever and many will agree.

I think too many noobs don't know who he is or have only watched him get his ass whooped.

Sakuraba is indeed an all time great ,there is just no questioning it . Look at his record and how many top fighters he beat and only Anderson SIlva really stands above him in that regard. Saku was past his prime when he faced Manhoef ,but judging him based on that fight and ignoring his overall record is an amateurish assessment.