SANDRO TKO's KANEHARA IN 38 SECONDS

I must say I'm a little disappointed with seeing the spoiler,  but it's been a few days since the event so I can't really complain.

Sengoku wasn't released in the usual spots, so I haven't been able to find it.

Can someone PM me a link to watch the latest Sengoku?

Can't wait to watch this friday!!

<blockquote>Wasa-B - <blockquote>Ecko Unltd -  I am still pissed over the Omigawa fight<br /><br />I wish Sandro didn't officially have that loss on his record. It bothers me so much<br /></blockquote><br /><br />Was it:<br /><br />- Debatable<br /><br />- Competitve but clear win for Sandro<br /><br />- Legit "robbery"</blockquote>

Legit "robbery" Omigawa was embarassed to win a decision in a fight he knows and freely admits he did not win. Your standard beyond questionable Japanese decision...although we here in the US are getting good at having those quite often.

It was a real shame as that tournament was fantastic until this point (semifinals). On the other end of the semis, Hioki won but was injured and could not compete in the final later that night, so Kanehara took his place, IIRC Kanehara lost to Hioki in said semifinal match. Whole tournament went to shit and it is now finally getting sorted out. Sandro vs Hioki was the Sengoku FW GP Final that should have been.

Dammit TimeWarner Cable Charlotte, give us back out HDNet and stop holding out on Spike HD!

edited for mistake

Good call boge head, the Hioki decision is the one I am thinking of, where Omigawa himself declared his opponent the victor, admonishing the judges. The Sandro decision was almost as bad.

boge head,

It's cool man, no need to apologize.  Even though I agree with MX and Kakkarotto san, in retrospect I probably would have put spoiler in the thread title just because it wouldn't have hurt anything.

On the Sandro/Omigawa decision, I've really taken a liking to Wasa B's stance that only an inarguably malicious decision should be a "robbery".  If there's even the slightest logical consideration that the fight was really close, I refrain from that term.

However, the big issue with the Omigawa fight is not just the questionable decision, but the fact that Omigawa's coach was one of the judges, who not surprisingly scored the fight for Omigawa.

From my interview with Marlon:

Your loss to Omigawa was very controversial, and many feel that you should've won the fight--and I know you agree.  How much do you think the decision for Omigawa was influenced by the scoring of the judge Ioshida, whom Omigawa is a student of?

MS:  "I´m certain this fact was an influence.  That result can happen anywhere in the world that allows someone to be a judge in an organization who stays close to the fighter as a coach."