SANDRO TKO's KANEHARA IN 38 SECONDS

SRC Featherweight Title Fight

9. Marlon Sandro def. Masanori Kanehara by KO (Punches) - Round 1, 0:38

It took just 38 seconds for Marlon Sandro to take Masanori Kanehara's feathweight belt. The bout started with Sandro immediately seizing control of the center of the ring with the defending champion circling around him, feigning jabs and attempting to gauge the speed difference. This circling did not last long though and as soon as Kanehara moved to the corner, Sandro moved in with a jab that that was blocked, followed by a right straight. The finishing blow, as is becoming the norm for the Nova Uniao black belt, was the right uppercut which landed cleanly and ended Kanehara's night early. A following left hook from Sandro as Kanehara stiffly fell forward to the mat missed but was not needed. Kanehara was stretchered from the ring and did not regain consciousness until back stage and Sandro was awarded the featherweight title.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/06/20/sengoku-13-results-kanehara-vs-sandro-kikuta-vs-enomoto-mor/

Hell yes.

"Hioki Hatsu... you are next"

i was gonna make a thread with a spoiler warning, but fuck it

another crushing uppercut KO by Sandro, man this guy is a beast

cant wait to see a vid of the fight

You were trying to avoid results and you went to the UG?

sandro is a beast, hioki doesn't want to fight him.

Aldo and Sandro are officially 1A and 1B at 145lbs

Sandro vs. Hioki  would be insane.

Kind of surprising it didn't happen already.

Wow, impressive. I like both of these guys.

Remember before the 135 tournament when Sandro was being billed as a threat to win the title via lnp?

Wow did that change.

Vid, no?

Sandro is a fucking murderer nowadays.

Him and Aldo are the 2 top dogs at 145.

I tried to avoid the results of the Super Bowl because I couldn't watch it live.

So I went to ESPN and looked at their "NFL" section. Those fucking bastards had "Saints win Super Bowl" plastered all over the damn site.

What the fuck???

^^^ LMAO

Photos by Daniel Herbertson, for Fanhouse

more excellent pictures here:

http://www.mmafighting.com/photos/sengoku-13-pictures-photos/

I am still pissed over the Omigawa fight

I wish Sandro didn't officially have that loss on his record. It bothers me so much

Caposa, thanks for the solid pics, and thanks to MX and Kakkarotto san for handling the spoiler routine.

Here's an interview I did with Sandro preceding the Kanehara fight if anyone is interested.

http://thegarv.com/Exclusive-Interview-with-Nova-Uniao-Featherweight-Marlon-Sandro.html

TTT for a video...

ttt for a vid

3 back to back men sent out on stretchers

WTF? Gifs?

boge head - 
Kakkarotto_san - I tried to avoid the results of the Super Bowl because I couldn't watch it live.

So I went to ESPN and looked at their "NFL" section. Those fucking bastards had "Saints win Super Bowl" plastered all over the damn site.

What the fuck???

You compare the biggest football game on the year that was broadcast on national tv in north america , to a sengoku card in which 98 % of the forum most likely didnt even know what going on and was tape delayed for a week .

None of the other fights from this sengoku card were plastered in the title of other threads . None of the Results from the last Tape delayed sengoku card were either . I thought I would be safe until the HDnet broadcast on friday .

Shit , I avoided the results from Astra successfully for 2 months until I watched them , visiting this forum frequently .

I used to avoid Forums all together at lengths of time for the Pride tape delays and I guess its best I do that for Sengoku as well .

cheers

The reality is that this is a world-wide forum where people talk about Mixed Martial Arts. There was a large event over the weekend that many of us saw live.

You can't be mad at a guy for discussing the results of a Mixed Martial Arts fight on a Mixed Martial Arts forum....

Ecko Unltd -  I am still pissed over the Omigawa fight

I wish Sandro didn't officially have that loss on his record. It bothers me so much

Was it:

- Debatable

- Competitve but clear win for Sandro

- Legit "robbery"