Saunders vs Davis at 106

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16120/welterweights-marcus-davis-and-ben-saunders-agree-to-ufc-106-contest-in-las-vegas.mma

awesome fight

Two welterweight contenders looking to rebound from disappointing losses will square off at UFC 106 as Marcus Davis (16-5 MMA, 8-3 UFC) and Ben Saunders (7-1-2 MMA, 3-1 UFC) have verbally agreed to meet at the event.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today learned from sources close to the organization that both fighters have verbally agreed to the deal and at least one fighter has already signed a bout agreement.

Though not yet officially announced, UFC 106 is expected to take place Nov. 21 at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. The card will be headlined by a heavyweight title bout between current champ Brock Lesnar and challenger Shane Carwin.

Davis looks to bounce back from a hotly contested split decision loss to Dan Hardy at June's UFC 99 in Germany. The loss snapped a two-fight win streak for "The Irish Hand Grenade."

Meanwhile, Saunders looks to rebound from a disappointing TKO loss to Mike Swick at the same UFC 99 card in June. The second-round defeat was the first loss of "Killa B's" career. The American Top Team product had secured seven-straight victories after opening his career with back-to-back draws.

With the additions to the card, UFC 106 now includes:

•Champ Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin (for UFC heavyweight title)*
•Mark Coleman vs. Tito Ortiz*
•Kenny Florian vs. Clay Guida*
•Ricardo Almeida vs. Jon Fitch*
•Dustin Hazelett vs. Karo Parisyan*
•Marcus Davis vs. Ben Saunders*
•Phil Baroni vs. Amir Sadollah**

that's a great card

Townsend Saunders is back in the UFC???

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

great fight, big test for ben..... davis hits reall really hard

something tells me almeida vs fitch will be either an undercard fight or a swing fight that will be put on after Carwin-Lesnar.

davis.

That's a great card.

wow, that is a grea tcard

sick card

"Townsend Saunders is back in the UFC???"

"WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You know u have been a longtime UFC fan when that was the first name that popped in your head when reading the Title of this thread..LOL..I know it did with me..haha

I want to see every one of those fights.

xcouturefan - Townsend Saunders is back in the UFC???

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol...for some reason that's the name i thought of...

great card.

ttt for Davis

Ben is the man

Fugazi - xcouturefan - Townsend Saunders is back in the UFC???WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol...for some reason that's the name i thought of...

Me too.

I think Davis wins this one.

Davis by KO/TKO.

Lord Humoungous - "Townsend Saunders is back in the UFC???"

"WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You know u have been a longtime UFC fan when that was the first name that popped in your head when reading the Title of this thread..LOL..I know it did with me..haha

+ 1

It warms my heart to know that this place hasn't been totally over-run by TUF noobs.

If this is for real, great fight for Ben.

How is it that Davis gets to avoid good wrestlers/BJJers?

Rumblefish - 
2COLD - How is it that Davis gets to avoid good wrestlers/BJJers?

Have you never seen Ben's BJJ?
Obviously not...