Savate Highlight

Notice the EXTREME distance that some of the fighters take, and how quickly they bridge the gap.

My instructor Armando once asked a savateur "How do you switch so quickly between punching distance and kicking distance?"

The savateur replied "In savate, punching and kicking are the same distance. There is nodifference."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WadTkRxeE5A&search=savate

Great clip, great soundtrack! Thanks for posting that bro. After the clips that you and Scott have put up, I have a new found respect for Savate.

Awesome Calbert! Scott actually edited his highlight; I just copied and pasted. :)

damn, that is sweet, now I've got to go train savate in la!

"After the clips that you and Scott have put up, I have a new found respect for Savate."

Heheheh!! Trust me when I say that NOTHING will help you to respect savate like sparring a savateur! I give private lessons in the morning to a few bouncers and last week I showed them what a fouette with a boot will do, as well as the coup de pied bas, and they were utterly amazed and in a lot of pain!

Ya know, in Tai Chi classes they always talk about pulling your bellybutton back to your spine when you exhale....

....I've always found that a fouette median helps me do that just fine :)

ttt for Scott teaching the bouncers respect for Savate and lol at twinkletoesCT!

One thing on the highlight that I find SO fascinating is how FAR apart those fighters fight, and how QUICKLY they cover it.

This was something I was showing Toby this weekend: tight combos inside, a hard decalage out to create this extreme distance, then suddenly cover the distance with a hard fouette.

BTW: Toby is a VERY quick study on the fouette/chasse bas combo.

Cool highlights. Not a real French vibe there at the end, though :).

John