Scott Bessac OG MMA/Lion’s Den AMA

No Sociopaths and Psychopaths are not mental ill like a bi-polar,borderline personality disorder or schizophrenic who have chemical imbalances in their brain damage can with medication and therapy live normal lives. Sociopaths and Psychopaths brains are wired differently it’s physically the way their brains are. It’s just the way it is like being tall or short,just made that way. I wanted to see Peter Aerts get into. Would have loved to train him, he was the perfect Dutch Thai boxer.I think he would have put alot of dude’s to sleep.

1 Like

Jason bought his contract out with Ken and went back home and fought with Pancrase for quite awhile.

Never heard the name.

Damn,I wish that you would not have left the Den so early.Do you remember taking this pic?I only recognize you & Vernon & Ken.

1 Like

This is an interesting thread.

3 Likes

Where you guys disappointed ken shamrock wasn’t more aggressive in the Royce Gracie rematch?

What fighters could really put it on people in the gym but not put it all together in fights?

What big potential big fights almost got signed but never happened?

1 Like

Terry Crews Conan Obrien GIF by Team Coco

2 Likes

A Japanese film crew came to the Den for a week to do a documentary about us. One of the Japanese newspapers came to cover the documentary. That’s a pic that paper took. Probably late 92 early 93. That was the OG LION’S DEN. I was there from day one til 1996. After the ultimate ultimate 95 on dec18th,Ken and I were sitting in the lobby of the Hyatt in Denver and he was passed off I was punching and headbutting an that I had broke my left hand doing it. We were arguing,he goes hey you already know it’s like in the NFL you can always go to another team,I said fine. Went from Denver to Dallas stayed with Andy Anderson and signed to fight Oleg in a super match for IFC 1 in kiev,Ukraine
He called a couple of times to try to get me to come back but I was to stubborn to go back

7 Likes

When Ken fought Royce I was embarrassed for Ken that’s about it. No at the Lion’s Den everything in did was 100%. I saw Bohlander say somewhere that everyday we would train until we died that’s how serious we were. So at the Den it was sometimes serious beat downs from Ken for whatever reason,everything was real and violent. At fights we all felt we were getting a break to just have to fight in the UFC and Pancrase

7 Likes

Andy Anderson is a blast from the past.He was a financial backer & referee for the IFC.Good thing that you didn’t go to the Ukraine.The Ukraine mafia were interfering with that show & the fighters.

Andy is finally out of prison for that 30 year meth charge.

Andy’s out? First time I’ve heard that
Gonna have to make some calls and get ahold of him. Yeah he always knew where to party

Do you like modern mma or are there to many rules for your taste?

Haven’t watched for a while, it’s like watching soccer sad and pathetic.

5 Likes

This is 1995 does Jason have a twin brother?

1 Like

if youd like to discuss crimes u were convicted for (or not), we’d like to read about em

1 Like

What were your thoughts on Frank’s impressive run in the UFC & beating Tito, since he was basically a guy to beat up in training when you were there at the Lion’s Den?

1 Like

Was definitely a more interesting/exciting time. So many characters & stories we’re playing out in real life.

1 Like

No.lol

Surprised nobody could see how many holes he had I his game

Worse fight to tough but frustrating was papadupalus cuz he wouldn’t stand with me so after 15mins I was in his guard and knocked him out with a Liver punch and broke 2 ribs. Street fight? I had a mac-10 with a suppressor and a S&W .40 cal so there were some fire fights that blew up and left holes in alot of ,we will just say things

2 Likes