Scott Schilling = Warrior

TTT for Scott, Gardner, Matt, Cavalo Louco and all our Team!!!

Good job, guys!

Everybody is proud and happy for your grewat performance and results!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Sylvio Behring

Gentlemen, I am truly moved by your support. It was nothing short of a war in Michigan at the Grappling Classic. The level of the Pro division was crazy. As I was taping the initial matches, I kept thinking to myself "Holy shit, theses guys are good!" I was also thinking that maybe I should be warming up but I was enjoying the matches so much I said, "Ah what the hell this is too much fun!" My shoulders getting tired from holding the video camera, do to pushing Shawn's staled jeep out of the Sonia border crossing booth the night before only to find out later that it was a lose battery terminal connector after finishing my white hot chocolate. "Thanks Canadian Tire, You Goofs!" and Shawn I promise I wont tell your police comrades about the white hot chocolate thing, mums the word. Not getting to sleep until 6 am only to wake up at 7 am for weigh Ins and wait 11 hrs the next day with no rest or sleep too finally fight did not help either.

Reasons for no Sleep:

1) No heat in Shawn's Jeep on they way down from London, needed to defrost.

2) Tired from pushing Jeep out of border crossing booth because Shawn stalled the jeep because he was too distracted by the cute girl in the booth. Shit that was funny, all those people waiting behind us wondering what the hell was going on.

3) Recovering from the shock of Shawn's Evil Knievel snow covered median jumps!

4) Lying in bed in terror wondering if David the strange Allen Park Motel clerk would sneak into are room in the middle of the night and kill us.

5) Our protein fart war that lasted into the following morning, and Shawn we both know who won that one!

6) I needed to wear ear plugs because of the looming threat of Shawn's legendary storing ability. Only to get up and go into a freezing cold shower! Thanks Dave!

Now back to the action!

My first fight against Jon Stutzman (Jorge Gurgel) This was an exciting one, he is very good. After getting the take down at the beginning of the match and going for a foot lock then a guard pass I managed to eventually catch him with and improvised submission that I came up with on the fly from the butter fly guard. My good friend Phil coined the submission the lin-ger some sort of derivative of my last name. Hey it works for me , I hope it sticks.

My second fight against David Gardner was crazy, he is so strong. David I believe is a division one wrestler and at the beginning of the match David shot a beautiful outside low single I attempted a rolling umaplata and bounced back up like a rubber band due to David's immense strength. We stand up, back to the center. David shoots again, I sprawl and hit a front choke, and David defends. I attempt to turn David over and David immediately counters with a re-roll, I attack with an arm lock and roll him on his back, David defends and comes on top in my guard. I attack with a compression lock David pulls arm out. I attempt triangle David defends. I attempt arm locks then David attacks with a neck crank and I open my guard. David attempts to pass and I attempt another compression lock, David defends. David attempts to pass and I attack with a kumara , I loose my grip and David lands in the north and south position David 3 points. 3-to 0 We move back to the center. David switches to cross side and holds. I feel out the position to determine my best way out. After about two minutes and several attempts to put him in guard or re-roll I manage to escape to butterfly guard. I'm down on point's time to turn it up! I attempt to sweep David defends and then immediately a take down, David evades. I get up and chase David across the ring and attempt another take down, David evades. I retie my trunks while David keeps his distance and circles left to right, we then tie up again. I try for a foot sweep I miss and David attempts another deep double leg, I sprawl hard and attempt a choke, David pulls out. I attempt another single David evades. I chase and attempt another takedown and we accidentally collide heads. (David and Metro Fight Club I apologize ,for it was defiantly not intentional) I run across the ring and dive for another low single David evades out of bounds. We stand up and clinch again. David attempts a snap down, I defend. I attempt a 2 on 1 David defends. I shoot and hit a single David sprawls, but I manage to hold on to his leg. David then manages to step out of it and disengages. We clinch again, I attempt to execute a rolling knee bar, David defends and time runs out. Holy Shit!! That fight was freaking Crazy!!

David I have total respect for you and the Metro fight Club! As said by your trainer, we ultimately are part of the same family and I am proud to call you a team mate. I was absolutely amazed that you were able to neutralize the attacks of such great fighters as Paulo Guillobel (Machado) and Henry Matamoros (Pedro Sauer). Man when you're DVD of how to stop a BJJ Black Belt comes out I want a copy. Your and your team are not only great fighters but total gentlemen as well. Go Team Sylvio Behring!!! As for my new nick name "GUERRERIO" I was told by a friend that it meant Gorilla Warrior like a military gorilla. If that's the case then hey, it came from my team mates I like it. SCOTT "GUERRERIO" SCHILLING it is.

My 3rd fight was against the very skillful Henry Matamoros (Pedro Sauer) The fight started out with Henry sitting down and butt scooting towards me. I was a little apprehensive because I was tired and did not want to make a mistake. He keeps scooting try to arm drag and catch my leg. I keep pushing his head to try and put him on his back. Hi then sucks me in and the fight is on. He works as for a de la riva sweep and I attack for a toe hold, he defends. He sits up and works for the single. I step over his back and go for a kimura and we fall out of bounds. He works for the pass, I attempt to Guillotine Mattamoros pushes me to half guard and attempts his own kimura, I attempt to counter his kimura with my own reverse shoulder lock for the bottom but I miss it and Matamoros keeps a very tight kimura, defends my back roll counter then finishes with a cross body arm lock. Wicked! I spoke to Henry after the fight and he is a really nice guy. He will be my guest at my academy when he come to visit his sister in Toronto very soon. Hey Henry, make sure you bring your freaking snow shoes. The snow up here is rediculas.

That's the story, another exiting day in the life of Scott Schilling. Man I love this sport. I will take this week off and then back to training next week for the Arnold Classic (Ohio), Pan Ams(Ohio), and Copa do Mundo/Mundials/International Master and Senior (Rio Brazil.)

p.s. Thanks to my good friend and student Shawn Geris for being my wrestling coach and for Winning 1st place in both GI and NO GI!

Till then, God Bless and Train Hard!

SCOTT "GUERRERIO" SCHILLING

Scott Schilling Jiu-Jitsu Team /
Sylvio Behring Jiu-Jitsu

When the heater in the car didn't work did the farts help?

Dougie "Been There, Done That"
=)

Can't wait to see the video, hey Scott, are the Pan Ams in Ohio this year?

Damn Scott, after reading that I feel like rolling now. Great work and impressed as always. I guess I'll see the tape tomorrow.

Arnold Classic March 5th-6th-7th

Pan Ams Califonia April 3rd and 4th

I think Tues Class may be canceled, call the school to make sure. Waitng on a call from Dave.

TTT best recaps eva.

Well Thank you very much rene.r
Maby being a Grappling Sports writer will be my future profession.

ttt

I like Scott "The Brooklyn Bad Boy" Schilling

TTT

ttt

ttt