Sean Gannon

A couple of thoughts.

The interactions on this forum I did not think of him as the guy from the Kimbo fight, or a guy from any pro MMA fights.

Maybe combine those items with his work, and an extensive martial arts background and the dude was an interesting person to interact with.

I did not follow the details of whatever happened at work. I remember that being discussed but did not follow it.

He was always friendly and informative to interact with. The guy did not try to act like he knew more than you and in fact gave me too much credit for knowing more about boxing than I actually do. All while pointing out some items/videos to check out or learn from.

1 Like

The fight was at team santos in Rhode Islandā€¦ Sean asked santos to host it because he was worried that his amateur license to fight would be in jeopardy if they fought in mass.

2 Likes

I remember watching it not live but one of the first recordings to be posted online. Pre Youtube days. It was crazy because you had no idea what would happen. I think the fight lasted like 17 minutes? Really a thing we will never see again.

1 Like

What did Gannon die of? He was a big boy, did he have kidney problems of something?

will always be a legend here

2 Likes

Whoever posted the news to the UG said it was a heart attack.

Didnā€™t Kenny Florian post it?

ā€¦

IIRC, Sean had his own crew ie. The New England MMA scene there with him, lol.

Would not have gone well for Kimbo and Co.

2021?

I could have sworn he passed much earlier. Just as well he lived longer than I had remembered.

RIP

I remember seeing a black kid at the public library circa 2008. He was looking up a bunch of kimbo slice videos on the computer.

I told him he needed to see the Gannon fight. It was the best one yet. I searched it up and watched it with him.

Kid looked like his father had got beaten up when kimbo Slice lost, lol.

1 Like