Sean Gannon

Ol Sean Gannon crossed my mind right at the height of this holiday season. For some reason yesterday had a nagging thought to post about him.

Maybe it is all the talk about the forum made me think about the guy, not sure, who knows.

Or maybe it was I remember years ago checking out the forum on Christmas Eve or Christmas day kind of thinking no one was going to be around posting and I recall it was pretty active and seeing ol Gannon chiming in.

Anyway the guy was always nice and seemed like a solid fellow and is certainly a part of the history of this place.

19 Likes

Winning by giving Kimbo a 30 count is respectable.

4 Likes

kimbo was one of the most intimidating people on the planet and Sean crushed him.
That took serious balls.

13 Likes

I remember reading a few of his old posts

Seemed like he had politically put himself in the crosshairs at his job on the department.

I think that his fighting in the UFC pretty much buried him on the job

He was making heavy accusations about criminal activity involving supervisors… I have seen guys in his exact type of mind set in the past, it never ended well for any of them

Between that and PTSD historically he became one of the sports sad stories

3 Likes

RIP

6 Likes

Not to be insensitive, but what was his real cause of death?

1 Like

That was an insane time be on this forum, Kimbo was building quite a reputation of nuking dudes on the street and some Boston cop steps up to take the challenge. I thought the whole thing was fake until I saw the video.

7 Likes

Sean was a great guy. I had the opportunity to communicate with him during his difficulties with his employer. He stood on principle and was an ethical person. I wish I could have worked with him.

5 Likes

Eternal bleeding.

I remember this back in the day man and watching this on a shit ass downloaded mp4 video on a CDR disc my cousin sent to me of Kimbo getting his ass beat and kimbo’s little crew trying to jump in every chance they got

R.I.P to both Sean and Kimbo

9 Likes

Guy is a legend. Says Kimbo isn’t that good and he can beat him. He actually shows up and beats Kimbo at his own game!

7 Likes

brandon lee hinkle? is that the guy he fought? didn’t look it up lol

a mate from the uk fight scene famously looks like a mw version of BLH

Hammer House for Life!

I didn’t know he passed away. What happened to him?

1. how did they set up that fight?

2. little surprised someone didn’t get killed that night. Sean had a bunch of cop friends there I hope but that could have got pretty ugly!

3. how did Sean pass?

Testing UG post for 502 error

“My post is about Sean Gannon, the Sean Gannon who was a Boston Police Officer, UFC vet, and for most on this forum, known for beating Kimbo Slice in a bare knuckle match. Sean had a heart attack on Monday the 6th and it resulted in massive brain damage. His family got to say their goodbyes and then had to let him go on Friday, the 10th of September 2021.
Sean has an 18 year old son, Joseph. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.”

1 Like

I remember seeing something how he was standing up to dirty cops he worked with and was getting a bunch of shit for it from his own department. Sad he passed away.

1 Like

He really got fucked over on the department… or he continues to put himself in worse and worse positions politically

As a former union arbitrator, I dealt with people in his position often; in my experiences, it was always hard to connect with them in order to get a logical resolve

A time when mma was at it’s best and before it exploded

1 Like