Sean Sherk wants a rematch with BJ, you wanna see

Meh Phone Post

ausgepicht -
aluminum_rooster - 
ausgepicht - Why not? Since BJ pretended to be the referee and illegaly stopped the last fight, Sherk should be allowed some type of justice.

0/10

sherk not being able to stand up ended that fight....
No. BJ waved it off. Yamasaki shook his head no to BJ. BJ kept pushing the fight to be stopped because he was tired as usual. BJ stopped the fight, NOT the referee. FACT.

This is a stoppage I never understood. BJ punches him, round ends. BJ waves his arms, Sherk is still down, Yamasaki shakes his head no and BJ starts celebrating. So odd Phone Post

I'd rather see Sherk vs Serra... in a boxing match.

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
ausgepicht -
aluminum_rooster - 
ausgepicht - Why not? Since BJ pretended to be the referee and illegaly stopped the last fight, Sherk should be allowed some type of justice.

0/10

No. BJ waved it off. Yamasaki shook his head no to BJ. BJ kept pushing the fight to be stopped because he was tired as usual. BJ stopped the fight, NOT the referee. FACT.

This is a stoppage I never understood. BJ punches him, round ends. BJ waves his arms, Sherk is still down, Yamasaki shakes his head no and BJ starts celebrating. So odd Phone Post
This is what I am saying. BJ waves the fight off, Yamasaki says no. Sherk says no. BJ waves it off again....Yamasaki doesn't budge, so he tries to convince Yamasaki to stop it. Yamasaki STILL won't budge and even nods NO. BJ doesn't care and pretends Yamasaki stopped the fight when he didn't. Even BJ's cornermen are watching Yamasaki and see he won't budge. People think the fight is over, rush into the ring, chaos ensues and now Yamasaki has lost control. 

BJ stopped the fight.

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
ausgepicht -
aluminum_rooster - 

0/10

It's not that hard to understand.  He checks back on Sherk after the round is done, sees he can't continue and waves the fight off.

ausgepicht - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
ausgepicht -
aluminum_rooster - 

0/10

This is what I am saying. BJ waves the fight off, Yamasaki says no. Sherk says no. BJ waves it off again....Yamasaki doesn't budge, so he tries to convince Yamasaki to stop it. Yamasaki STILL won't budge and even nods NO. BJ doesn't care and pretends Yamasaki stopped the fight when he didn't. Even BJ's cornermen are watching Yamasaki and see he won't budge. People think the fight is over, rush into the ring, chaos ensues and now Yamasaki has lost control. 

BJ stopped the fight.

So you don't think the fight should have been stopped?  You think someone that can't get back up should be forced to come out another round to get battered?

It's not a matter of should be stopped. BJ isn't the ref. Yamasaki stood there with his thumb up his ass shaking his head. He should've sent BJ to his corner and then asked Sherk could he continue.

Take Silva-Franklin 2 as an example, ace was pretty done after round 1 and couldn't walk to his corner. Yet Silva didn't stand there waving his arms. Phone Post

Buck 65 - Knowing BJ he'd accept this because he sees it as an easy fight. No way he accept the challenge from Fitch or anyone else top 5

BJ turning away from a challenge? You are right, that what he is known for.

GayGuardMooseSaucy -  It's not a matter of should be stopped. BJ isn't the ref. Yamasaki stood there with his thumb up his ass shaking his head. He should've sent BJ to his corner and then asked Sherk could he continue.

Take Silva-Franklin 2 as an example, ace was pretty done after round 1 and couldn't walk to his corner. Yet Silva didn't stand there waving his arms. Phone Post
Again, this matters how?  You think Sherk could have continued and got cheated?

Yamasaki was in fact checking on Sherk in the corner.  If he felt he could continue, I'm pretty sure he would have let it go on.  

Penn knew he was done. Ref stopped it after the round ended. Did Machida stop the Thiago Silva fight too? Phone Post

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - Penn knew he was done. Ref stopped it after the round ended. Did Machida stop the Thiago Silva fight too? Phone Post

No. Round ended, Machida walked to his corner. Yves hovered over Thaigo's unconscious body and waved it off. Phone Post

stillmatic -
GayGuardMooseSaucy -  It's not a matter of should be stopped. BJ isn't the ref. Yamasaki stood there with his thumb up his ass shaking his head. He should've sent BJ to his corner and then asked Sherk could he continue.

Yamasaki was in fact checking on Sherk in the corner.  If he felt he could continue, I'm pretty sure he would have let it go on.  

I never said he Could've continued or got robbed. BJ waved off the fight, he should've went to his corner. GSP went to his corner, and then BJ quit. He didn't start waving his arms cause he wanted it to be over Phone Post

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
stillmatic -

I never said he Could've continued or got robbed. BJ waved off the fight, he should've went to his corner. GSP went to his corner, and then BJ quit. He didn't start waving his arms cause he wanted it to be over Phone Post
So you're complaining about something that had no impact on the fight, gotcha.

BJ Penn vs Jim Miller. :) Phone Post

BJ didn't wave off the fight, he was signaling sherk was done. Phone Post

Print - Crazy how bitter the anti-Penn guys remain after all these years

Not nearly as bitter as the penn nuthuggers. They have an excuse for all of his losses Phone Post

Come on, BJ stopping his own fight was, and still is hilarious, and the right thing to do. Totally not legal, but Sherk never complained.

I'm more interested in a Serra rematch as well. Their first fight was much closer than BJ vs Sherk. Phone Post

I thought I read an interview with Yamasaki after it happened where he said he checked up on Sherk and Sherk wasn't in any condition to continue, so he stopped the fight.

Would rather watch paint dry Phone Post