Sean Strickland making friends

USA Today calling for UFC to take action against Sean Strickland

Check out this article from USA TODAY:

Sean Strickland isn’t a mental giant, but he is a homophobe. The UFC needs to act

3 Likes

Sean setting Layla straight

https://x.com/sstricklandmma/status/1770559862902235505?s=46&t=P0oJzuY99x7p4hTd1R-twg

2 Likes

Layla sets the record straight

Sean showing some love for the ugly female fighters.

7 Likes

Colby talking shit about Strickland.

Don’t know if it is true or not, but the more Colby talks the harder it is to be a Colby fan.

https://x.com/ChampRDS/status/1772780056810582279?s=20

1 Like

DC commenting on Sean’s mental health. Cry for help(?)

“Sean Strickland is a guy that has a very, very dark past,” Cormier said on his YouTube channel. “We all know that. But that dark past has served to make him a world-champion fighter and a guy that is willing to go through so much adversity. Go through so many ups and downs, never lose sight of the goal and what’s in front of him, and has made himself a former world champion. …He said that he’s rich, and still can’t get past the hurdles mentally. I want to make sure that, we as the consumer, treat this in the same manner, in which we treated Alexander Volkanovski when he spoke about his issues mentally.

“When speaking mental health and mental issues, I believe that all the biases or the opinions we have of this certain fighter whether you love him or you hate him, have to take a back seat and we have to look at the human being. When Volk said he was in his own head, we all rushed to speak to him, his strength, and how much anyone was willing to help. We need to make sure we do the same thing for Sean Strickland. …That’s a plea for help. So we as the mixed martial arts community, should rush to his side again. Just like we did for Alexander Volkanovski.”

I don’t remember Volk having issues. Was he threatening to kill everyone in his path?

Alexander Volkanovski gives mental health update after brutal knockout at UFC 294: ‘I want everyone to know that I’m OK’ | Daily Mail Online

‘I do want to clear the air, I was struggling the last few months,’ Volkanovski said.

'The newborn, surgery, not being in the gym as much as I would like and trying to be the best father I can be, [it] can take away a lot from the training, especially when you’re coming off injuries

I guess I’m from an older generation that doesn’t see any of that as ‘mental health’ issues. That’s being an adult. Those issues are nowhere near the issues that Strickland seems to have.

3 Likes

Chael offering some potential matchups for Sean.

How do you think he would so against Khamzat?

“I have two guesses, and they’re very different,” Sonnen explained. “One, is Sean Strickland is used as a backup fighter for either [Dricus du Plessis vs. Israel Adesanya or Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev]. Second, there’s a reason that Bo Nickal is getting the push…the shine at UFC 300

1 Like

Assuming both fighters know about the fight and agree.

Who do you like in this matchup?

I think it is a good fight for both of them.

Interesting tactic. Wonder if this tactic will make Sean more money in the long run.

Sean starting out as the favorite.

1 Like

Feel a bit bad for Garry after hearing this insufferable woman talk

2 Likes

Current odds for Sean and Secret Juice:

Sean is so fragile. All that tough guy shit is a just facade.

The moment Dricus started going after him, he folded.

2 Likes

If you had to bet $100 on these odds, where would you place it?

I’m thinking the Under 4.5 rounds.

Strickland by decision. Costa is powerful, but Strickland’s defence is too good. He has good defence, good cardio, no knockout power. He will win on points.

3 Likes

I just don’t know how their styles will clash. Costa fights with crazy pressure and high pace, Strickland methodically walks you down and has great defense. Something has got to give!