Sean Strickland vs prime Nick Diaz @ 185

Mostly agree. Just not sure it goes the distance. Nick no doubt could take/recover from a punch, but idk that I see him lasting 5 rds with a real MW with Sean’s power.

I know it’s still recent one, but it still one of my favorite feel good fights to rewatch just because of how good it felt for Sean Strickland to know he was going to be the champ right at the end of that fight when he screamed and dropped his hands walking towards Izzy.

The last one that comes to my mind was when Bisping beat Rockhold and became champ. That’s another feel good fight to rewatch.

2 Likes

Sean lets people off the hook if the fights in the bag, he starts to fight safer imo. Not that I blame him.

I missed that event so was pleasantly surprised to see it in my feed.

Sean’s excitement at the end of the fight was very real and one of the best reactions i can remember. Big upset from Sean he deserved to feel that way.

1 Like

How is this even a question? It would look like a dad beating up his obnoxious punk teenage son. Nick Diaz would be lying in a pool of his own blood

2 Likes

This thread has already been made

It would be a war but I have to go with Diaz. Hos body shots would make the difference. I don’t think Sean has the power to really hurt Diaz. Maybe bust his face up and maybe even drop Diaz… But Diaz will recover and get right back to work. Diaz folds Sean up with body punches in the 4th or 5th round and slaps on a submission for the win

Diaz will most likely be cut up and bloody and Sean will look like he just got out of bed

1 Like

I would never count a prime Diaz out of any fight. I just think this is a bad fight for Nick. Sean doesn’t gas and fights his fight. Would have been great and I’d root for Nick!

Prime Nick takes both these clowns to school

IMG_5188

IMG_5189

Nick went 5 rounds with Anderson Silva who was on steroids at the time. These two aren’t a threat to Nick. Like at all

Sean and Diaz would be fight of the decade

They would both stand in the pocket and trade punches. It would be insane. High output phone booth fight

IMG_0295

IMG_4444

Anderson Silva went 1-7 with a NC in his last 9 fights. That NC was originally a UD win over Diaz (at MW), who is 8 years younger and also pissed hot (albeit for weed).

Nick fought at MW, what, just that one time? I forget what the weight for Lawler/Diaz 2 was…seems to me it kept changing because Nick wasn’t going to make whatever weight was originally agreed to.

Anyway, saying that neither Izzy nor Sean – two MW champions mind you – aren’t a threat to Nick – who never even won a fight at MW, let alone won a title at that weight (or any other weight in the UFC) – shows what a delusional fanboy you are.

5 Likes

Anderson Silva is the greatest striker in mma history. Nick went up in weight and went 25 minutes with him, when he was on steroids. Took barely any damage. Nick is better than both of them and he put boxes them all day every day

1 Like

These are my least favorite threads to post in, the “who wins this hypothetical matchup” thread. But here I am smh.

Nick never won a fight at middleweight, let alone a title. He never won a title at any weight in the UFC.

You are putting an awful lot of stock in his unanimous decision LOSS to an older, past his prime, fighting above his best weight class, post-weidman Anderson Silva, who, yes tested positive for steroids.

To say Nick takes MW champs Izzy and Sean “to school,” and that they “aren’t a threat to Nick…like at all” is a troll-level take, which is what I assume it is. Hard to tell with you though.

1 Like

Blatant fake news. Nick beat Frank shamrock and Scott smith at 180lbs.

IMG_7314

071FiAe

1 Like

I have been referring to nothing but Nick’s UFC career in my posts (with the exception of my pointing out that LW Gomi dropped him).

Way to pounce on that with your “Fake news” lol.

In your defense, it’s really the only thing you can say is wrong with everything I’ve written.

Thread title says prime Nick. Prime Nick was Strikeforce up until GSP fight

Ok…you snuck one in on me.

It’s easy to say prime Nick was in strikeforce because he wasn’t fighting anyone. If you are going to say he takes Sean and Izzy you have to look at the best guys he fought and how he fared.

Those fights were in the UFC, and Nick did not fare well in them. Diego, Riggs, Sherk…3 Ls in a row.

Ok, now I’m done. I hate these threads lol.

All prior to his prime

Sean would make him sit down and quit like Robbie did

1 Like