See ya

I'm going to be stepping away from mma. I've devoted so much time to the sport and sacrificed countless hours and missed so many family events. I have told family and friends for about my last 5 fights that it was my last. Going into the Jackson fight I said the same and I am going to go through with it. Belive me the lackluster performance I put on really, REALLY makes me want another go, but there will always be a reason to fight (great win, bad loss, bad blood, money, etc). I can't belive that I made the mistake I did in that fight, I felt safe in the choke and didn't defend it, then all the sudden I was about to go out and paniced.  I wanted to give it a go at making it to the big show, but it didn't happen and I can live with that. I am only 26 so there is a chance that someday I will fight again, but it won't be anytime soon. I am going to focus on being a good husband and father now. Thanks you to everyone who has helped me.

Kenny Giddens

Good luck to you in all you do, man. Phone Post

For sure, good luck and I hope you keep training.

Good luck Kenny. I remember seeing you last year coaching wrestling and even then you mentioned you weren't training because wrestling was taking up your time. I thought then and now that you are a class act.

Boh

pillbottle -  Good luck to you in all you do, man. Phone Post

best of luck

I know you have no idea who i am but i have seen you fight and you always brought it and were exciting to watch!! good luck in your new ventures...i also am a father and understand that training takes away alot of family time its a hard decision to make but in the end the things that are truly important will thank you (your family) GOOD LUCK

Mr.Giddens,

I can say its been a joy in watching you compete.

Thanks again

Kenny Giddens was a two-time champion, at 155 and 170,  and an XFL main event fighter for 5 years.

The victory over Levi at Rumble On theRiver, and then title defense against Jon Carson on Strikeforce Tulsa were great nights.

Congratulations sir on a great, great career.

YOU STILL HAVE MANY YEARS AHEAD TO GIVE IT ANOTHER GO DOWN THE ROAD. JUST DON'T QUIT TRAINING COMPLETELY. I AM A FIRM BELIEVER IN FIGHTERS TAKING TIME OFF RIGHT AFTER HAVING A BABY....UNLESS IT IS THEIR MAIN SOURCE OF INCOME. NEW BABIES REQUIRE A LOT AND NEED BOTH PARENTS. IT ISN'T A STRETCH TO SAY YOUR HEAD WASN'T IN THE RIGHT PLACE FOR THAT FIGHT. DON'T JUDGE YOUR WHOLE CAREER ON THAT MOMENT.

YOU STILL HAVE MANY YEARS AHEAD TO GIVE IT ANOTHER GO DOWN THE ROAD. JUST DON'T QUIT TRAINING COMPLETELY. I AM A FIRM BELIEVER IN FIGHTERS TAKING TIME OFF RIGHT AFTER HAVING A BABY....UNLESS IT IS THEIR MAIN SOURCE OF INCOME. NEW BABIES REQUIRE A LOT AND NEED BOTH PARENTS. IT ISN'T A STRETCH TO SAY YOUR HEAD WASN'T IN THE RIGHT PLACE FOR THAT FIGHT. DON'T JUDGE YOUR WHOLE CAREER ON THAT MOMENT.

Jimmy makes a good point. When you're fighting you train because you HAVE to. It can make it unappealing and burn you out quick.

When you're training simply because you enjoy it and can just show up when you feel like it, the fun seems to come back.

Just my .02 worth. Phone Post

Good luck Kenny! Class act! Phone Post

Take care my friend. Call me if you need anything, I am really good at taking punches and I run out of gas really fast so I will not be able to punch back. LOL!

All kidding aside, I love you man, You and your family (your wife? but definitely your team) are all really cool and classy and somehow you have all managed to put up with my mouthy ass for years.

I was only kidding Ash

Thank you for being you.

THEE#1NDN