shamrock vs le = biggest gate eva?

"when is this goin down?"

March 29th 2008.

this should break attendance records easy..

scott coker is a genius..

ttt

FYI EVERYONE:

The fights have been moved up from 7pm to 6pm...  And yes this gate could be the biggest ever.  I was at the first Strikeforce MMA event when it broke records, it was amazing.  Tix are hard to come by for this fight! 

The Montreal UFC event will probably set the North American attendance record.

UFC 68 in Columbus had 19 000 in attendance, and the Bell Centre has a greater capacity than the Nationwide arena (Nationwide seats 18,136 for hockey compared with 21,273 for the Bell Centre)

^^^NO, I meant gates.  Tix for this fight are not being given as freely as usual, there will be a LOT more PAID TIX than before.  Frank and Cung are HUGE draws and the numbers will show.  I know of one local shop that has already pre-sold 15000 dollars worth of tix, and we're three weeks out.   It will be a HUGE gate!

"^^^NO, I meant gates. Tix for this fight are not being given as freely as usual, there will be a LOT more PAID TIX than before. Frank and Cung are HUGE draws and the numbers will show. I know of one local shop that has already pre-sold 15000 dollars worth of tix, and we're three weeks out. It will be a HUGE gate!"

Huge? Maybe.

Bigger than UFC 83? Nnnnnno.

tttowe

I'll settle for watching on Showtime!!

Towe if you go take lots of pics!!

TTT

ttt

I think Shamrock vs Cesar Gracie had the largest US attendance when it happened.. bigger than any UFC had up to that point..

then UFC in Ohio beat that record.. but I think Shamrock vs Cesar still has the highest "paid" attendance.. which means it doesn't include any press passes or free tickets given away to VIPs, etc. Paid tickets only.

I know for the Cung vs Shamrock fight.. they actually opened up more sections of the arena just last week because it is selling out so fast..

it is going to be crazy

i think this will be the biggest gate ever for sure. It doesnt matter if they arent the biggest names in the world, they are the biiggest names in San Jose/San Fransisco... People will pack this thing to the rim... there are obviously better events with bigger names, but these guys are legends in San Jose

the ronin speeks da troof

TOWE - where is the after party?

Could it break attendance records?

Absolutely.

Gate records?

Not a chance. Strikeforce's tickets aren't expensive enough to post a $5MM+ gate. They'll be lucky to get half of that amount.

attendance will be broken tomm

ppv record prob will fall sun with wrestlemania

if they were to break the record it will be short lived... montreal will be the highest ever.

ttt

Maybe this biggest gate til Pulver vs Faber and the debut on Munoz in Sac.

wtf?