Shaq and the UFC

With the recent partnership between UFC and FOX I've been brainstorming as to how they can increase their current audience and help make the transition to network TV a little easier for people who aren't too familiar with the sport we all love. Here's where I'm at..Bring Shaq on for some of the FOX events and have him alongside Rogan/Goldie commentating. The guy knows his stuff when it comes to MMA, not to mention he's extremely personable and I feel like Shaq/Rogan/Goldie would mesh well together and feed off one another. He's an extremely familiar face, not to mention the fact that the UFC wouldnt mind expanding their African American audience which I feel he may be able to help with. I'm not saying have him as a permanent fixture with all the events but if you can get him on a pre-fight/post-fight show I think he'll bring a certain comfort level to an audience who doesnt really know who a majority of the people in the UFC are (not just fighters but TV personality as well.) I know he isn't a MMA guru by any means but the guy has something about him that people a drawn to and want to see what he's going to do or say next. Think about it, if you're watching Monday Night Football you're more inclined to be interested in the game if you've got someone like Gruden who is not only fun to listen to he's also informative than some lame ass that tries too hard and probably has braces. Call me crazy but I think with Shaq's star power and mass appeal to such a large audience I dont see how it wouldn't be beneficial. I just want this sport to excel and be accepted right alongside with all the other "mainstream" sports. Lets hear what ya got UG..if not Shaq, can you see any other non mma personality that could fill this void?

Mark It Zero -  BLOCKOFTEXTHURTSEYES

With the recent partnership between UFC and FOX I've been brainstorming as to how they can increase their current audience and help make the transition to network TV a little easier for people who aren't too familiar with the sport we all love.

Here's where I'm at..Bring Shaq on for some of the FOX events and have him alongside Rogan/Goldie commentating.

The guy knows his stuff when it comes to MMA, not to mention he's extremely personable and I feel like Shaq/Rogan/Goldie would mesh well together and feed off one another.

He's an extremely familiar face, not to mention the fact that the UFC wouldnt mind expanding their African American audience which I feel he may be able to help with. I'm not saying have him as a permanent fixture with all the events but if you can get him on a pre-fight/post-fight show I think he'll bring a certain comfort level to an audience who doesnt really know who a majority of the people in the UFC are (not just fighters but TV personality as well.)

I know he isn't a MMA guru by any means but the guy has something about him that people a drawn to and want to see what he's going to do or say next.

Think about it, if you're watching Monday Night Football you're more inclined to be interested in the game if you've got someone like Gruden who is not only fun to listen to he's also informative than some lame ass that tries too hard and probably has braces.

Call me crazy but I think with Shaq's star power and mass appeal to such a large audience I dont see how it wouldn't be beneficial. I just want this sport to excel and be accepted right alongside with all the other "mainstream" sports.

Lets hear what ya got UG..if not Shaq, can you see any other non mma personality that could fill this void?

My bad and good point..wont make that mistake again!

Mark It Zero - My bad and good point..wont make that mistake again!

I believe the words you are looking for would be,

"Thank You."

I don't know if I would like him as a commentator, but having him on air in a certain role would be nice.

What I feel Shaq could bring to the UFC is his relationships with mainstream sports reporting. The media loves Shaq, and if he could make some of these old school sports writers open their eyes I think it would be a great help. He's a big personality, but I think he can do a lot of good behind the scenes.

Screw that just go straight for a Jordan vs Pippen main event to kick things off. Phone Post

I wish UFC had freakshows. I want to see how Shaq vs Faber would go down for some sick reason. Just to see the staredown would be worth it!

absoluteidiot - Screw that just go straight for a Jordan vs Pippen main event to kick things off. Phone Post

They're separated by a few weight classes these days. Phone Post

Shaq vs Batista would be fun!