Shogun- "I'll be back"

MMAFightLine.com

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua: "I'll be back likely in August."

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua: "I'll be back likely in August."

Maurício Shogun Rua is planning to undergo surgery this Saturday, March 8th. He suffered an injury during the training at UFL Academy.

"I'm calm," said Rua. "I have to operate, there is no other way. I hope Chuck waits for me (laughs)"

Asked how he injured the knee, Rua responded, "I did shit. I was hurt helping a friend in the training. He was running and I held him by the waist and forced my knee." Shogun said.

Also, the former PRIDE Champion stated that he is surprised with his substitute, Rashad Evans. Despite Evans stature here in the US and his undefeated status in the octagon, the Brazilian fighter doesn't know who he is.

Rua is confident about his return to the octagon, "I'll be back likely in August."

Special thanks to Edu Ramos of NaLuta.com for assisting with this article. For more news from a Brazilian perspective, head over to NaLuta.com

Better it happen in training than in a fight. That woulda' sucked.

once he learns the art of american cycling... he will regain his rightful place as the world's #1 LHW.. currently it is forrest griffin.which is friggin sad

He needs to rehab his knee fully and not rush in to competing so quickly, IMHO.

It's stressful trying to rehab and train for a fight at the same time.

5 months from surgery, back in a fight? 

Was the ACL torn? 

"He needs to rehab his knee fully and not rush in to competing so quickly, IMHO."

Seriously, he needs to stop setting dates, especially before they've even performed the surgery

LOL@EvilYoshida losing all his roid monkey Pride hero rejects.

Shogun should start watching TUF.

It might have helped him prepare for the guy that choked him out in his last fight.

Seriously, he needs to stop setting dates, especially before they've even performed the surgery"

Exactly.

ACL surgeries are no joke and 5 months isn't enough time to heal and simultaneously be ready for a fight.

he needs to stop grabbing people by their waists when their running, who does that anyway