Shogun returns vs Sam Alvey

ons ear - Match making is bizarre...why is Sam Alvey still in the UFC? He's so hard to watch as he's slow and just average..

The UFC doesn't know how to match make for some reason.

They destroy up and comers and feed great fighters to the same style they lost to 3 times in a row.

Acidic - 
ons ear - Match making is bizarre...why is Sam Alvey still in the UFC? He's so hard to watch as he's slow and just average..

The UFC doesn't know how to match make for some reason.

They destroy up and comers and feed great fighters to the same style they lost to 3 times in a row.

good posts

ConorWinsTheRematch -
fade2007 -
ConorWinsTheRematch -

Happy to see Shogun back again! I really hope Dana treats Shogun like Forrest and gives Shogun a great job with the UFC for life. No other legend has been fighting the "next big prospect" again and again. Shogun has never declined a fight no matter how disadvantageous it was for him. What a fucking warrior. Im just glad that Shogun doesnt have to fight another big prospect again. Anthony Smith and Tyson Pedro back to back was brutal. Keep in mind Corey Anderson was another prospect who tried to build his name off Shogun and Shogun schooled him. I was just getting tired of seeing Shogun made into a "gatekeeper" to the "next big thing." Shogun is a legend who's earned the right to pick all his fights. Shogun has fought all the big prospects and has won his fair share of those fights. If Shogun beats Alvey, please let's start seeing Shogun in all time legend fights now. Shogun vs Anderson would be great. Whether you like or dislike Shogun, its fucking awesome to see 1 of the all time GOATS in Shogun still competing and still competing well. I will never forget when Shogun went on that run against Liddell and Machida. If Shogun could win the belt again it would be a dream come true for a lot of the old fans

I wouldnt say he schooled Anderson in any way at all.

I thought Anderson clearly won that fight. And iirc most people had shogun losing.

This is a winnable fight for shogun....but also easily losable. I wouldnt be surprised if he gets KOd.

You're trying to rewrite history. Everyone had Shogun winning. In fact I vividly remember there being an uproar about the fact Corey was gifted a split decision. The consensus was that he did nothing with wrestling and that Shogun CLEARL won the fight. You obviously dont know fighting. Shogun out struck the fuck out of Corey. It wasnt just the 2 knockdowns 

https://media.giphy.com/media/1wX9cGUjQHTgyjW2xW/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/21JxVCPSVvGTgxuSfI/giphy.gif

Not only countering over his jab with rights^ but outjabbing him too with counter jabs \/

https://media.giphy.com/media/82YkLlthe7UfIw2xw7/giphy.gif

the Fight wasnt close at all. Shogun is always getting fucked over by judges. Even when he clearly wins, he only gets a split decision. Shogun is still very much at the top of the division when he brings his A game. Tyson Pedro is probably going on to he a serious contender and Shogun schooled him too

Im not rewritying anything. 16 out of 20 journalists gave it to Anderson. Out of the other 4 only 2 gave it to Rua.

You can think he won thats fine. But dont act like he demolished him.

And not sure where you are getting this idea that Shogun is always getting screwed. Hes only lost 3 decisions. Of those i i would give him the first Lyoto fight. You could argue the first Hendo fight was a draw at best. And Gus clearly beat him.

Whos trying to rewrite history here?

The fight I have been waiting my whole life for.  

fade2007 -
ConorWinsTheRematch -
fade2007 -
ConorWinsTheRematch -

Happy to see Shogun back again! I really hope Dana treats Shogun like Forrest and gives Shogun a great job with the UFC for life. No other legend has been fighting the "next big prospect" again and again. Shogun has never declined a fight no matter how disadvantageous it was for him. What a fucking warrior. Im just glad that Shogun doesnt have to fight another big prospect again. Anthony Smith and Tyson Pedro back to back was brutal. Keep in mind Corey Anderson was another prospect who tried to build his name off Shogun and Shogun schooled him. I was just getting tired of seeing Shogun made into a "gatekeeper" to the "next big thing." Shogun is a legend who's earned the right to pick all his fights. Shogun has fought all the big prospects and has won his fair share of those fights. If Shogun beats Alvey, please let's start seeing Shogun in all time legend fights now. Shogun vs Anderson would be great. Whether you like or dislike Shogun, its fucking awesome to see 1 of the all time GOATS in Shogun still competing and still competing well. I will never forget when Shogun went on that run against Liddell and Machida. If Shogun could win the belt again it would be a dream come true for a lot of the old fans

I thought Anderson clearly won that fight. And iirc most people had shogun losing.

This is a winnable fight for shogun....but also easily losable. I wouldnt be surprised if he gets KOd.

You're trying to rewrite history. Everyone had Shogun winning. In fact I vividly remember there being an uproar about the fact Corey was gifted a split decision. The consensus was that he did nothing with wrestling and that Shogun CLEARL won the fight. You obviously dont know fighting. Shogun out struck the fuck out of Corey. It wasnt just the 2 knockdowns 

Not only countering over his jab with rights^ but outjabbing him too with counter jabs \/

the Fight wasnt close at all. Shogun is always getting fucked over by judges. Even when he clearly wins, he only gets a split decision. Shogun is still very much at the top of the division when he brings his A game. Tyson Pedro is probably going on to he a serious contender and Shogun schooled him too

Im not rewritying anything. 16 out of 20 journalists gave it to Anderson. Out of the other 4 only 2 gave it to Rua.

And not sure where you are getting this idea that Shogun is always getting screwed. Hes only lost 3 decisions. Of those i i would give him the first Lyoto fight. You could argue the first Hendo fight was a draw at best. And Gus clearly beat him.

That has to be false. Either MMA journalists dont know shit about fighting or they value wrestling way too much. Corey did nothing but take Shogun down and he did nothing with those takedowns. It was a clear cut win for Shogun. I remember the vast majority voting that Shogun won in every fan poll. 

Shogun was robbed blind of a draw vs Hendo and the Gus scorecards were some of the worst I've ever seen. They had Gus 30-26 when at the very least Shogun won round 1. Shogun even arguably won round 2. Let's be real, under the round by round scoring criteria Shogun very well couldve won rounds 1 and 2. but I guess because Gus won round 3 by a much wider margin that counts for the most. "round by round" . Shogun earned a split decision much more against Gus, then Corey did against Shogun

1 Like
ConorWinsTheRematch -

You forgot to mention conor

ConorWinsTheRematch -
fade2007 -
ConorWinsTheRematch -
fade2007 -
ConorWinsTheRematch -

That has to be false. Either MMA journalists dont know shit about fighting or they value wrestling way too much. Corey did nothing but take Shogun down and he did nothing with those takedowns. It was a clear cut win for Shogun. I remember the vast majority voting that Shogun won in every fan poll. 

Shogun was robbed blind of a draw vs Hendo and the Gus scorecards were some of the worst I've ever seen. They had Gus 30-26 when at the very least Shogun won round 1. Shogun even arguably won round 2. Let's be real, under the round by round scoring criteria Shogun very well couldve won rounds 1 and 2. but I guess because Gus won round 3 by a much wider margin that counts for the most. "round by round" . Shogun earned a split decision much more against Gus, then Corey did against Shogun

i dont think you have actually seen these fights.

Gus fucked up Rua. Outstruck him in every single round and took him down 6 times in the fight. The 10-8 came from round 3 where Gus landed 3-4 times the strikes shogun did and took him down 3 times.

Shogun is my main man but his hopes for a shot at the belt are long gone. Maybe if he juices some of that TRT ot would be another story......

Throwin'Knuckles -
PelosiesPanties -
Throwin'Knuckles -

A win here def earns Shogun a shot at the title. Sam is a tough dude. Always smiling. That alone is top 5 stuff.

GTFO @ a title shot! That's long gone! You idiots don't give a shit how brain dead he is or will be. He shouldn't be fighting at all ffs. 

Lol don't be a retard. Sam Alvey is on top of plenty of rankings. Shogun will be considered champ by some if he beats Alvey. Dude is always smiling.

Lol huge Shogun fan here. Always smilin lol. How some don't realize your fucking with them is great.